Read Only Penalty

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinky

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Having recently been through the ordeal of being discommunicated for a week, I have been considering infraction rules.
Has any one suggested that the first penalty could be amended to "Read Only" status for a week.
[SIZE=+0]

This would allow members to still see what's going on without being able to be involved in threads.
[/SIZE]
Second infraction would be weeks suspension.

I am trying to be proactive. Not sure if this is possible for the administrators, however could be worth considering

Having recently been through the ordeal of being discommunicated for a week, I have been considering infraction rules.
Has any one suggested that the first penalty could be amended to "Read Only" status for a week.
[SIZE=+0]

This would allow members to still see what's going on without being able to be involved in threads.
[/SIZE]
Second infraction would be weeks suspension.

I am trying to be proactive. Not sure if this is possible for the administrators, however could be worth considering

Sorry...not too sure on this one...but cant you read only anyway as a guest without logging in?

read only will be good, no posting means no trouble. if you are logged out you cannot see chit chat, the heart of aps :lol: and any attachments. so being able to still read would be good so you dont miss out of stuff, you just can't contivute whether its good or bad stuff you want to post.

just use another computer like the work one to read , thats what i do but i dont plan to be getting banned again as the next one will be a lifetime

I have only ever had one infraction and that was years ago when I was new to the site and not that aware of the rules, I dont understand how people get them so often

Scorps

I think it's a good idea, if you're organizing a trade solely through PM's you have no way of contacting the person when suspended.

I say suffer you evil infractioners!

The only way to learn is through the true suffering and misery of discommunication from the flock of APS.

Maybe then you will learn to do good and follow the sites 17 commandments....or suffer the eternal damnation of the soul in cyberspace.

APS does this because it loves you all.

I have only ever had one infraction and that was years ago when I was new to the site and not that aware of the rules, I dont understand how people get them so often

Scorps
I am with ya on that one SCORPS ;)....really how do you get so many infractions?
it just has me stumped in so many ways ...:lol::lol::lol:

I agree a week of just reading would be good Tinks ...:D

Simple answer.....be good and you won't get suspended. :)

yep yep yep! (Ducky, Land Before Time)

I am with ya on that one SCORPS ;)....really how do you get so many infractions?
it just has me stumped in so many ways ...:lol::lol::lol:

I agree a week of just reading would be good Tinks ...:D

lol :lol:

Where does one go to read the site rules? I admit I have only had a quick look for them....

I wouldve thought that reading APS on a daily basis was penalty enough ;)

Greetings Earthling! And thanks.
I have to say though, having read the site rules, points #1 & #2 are infringed upon in A LOT of the posts I have read....and sometimes #5. Just an observation...:?
Even though I have only been a member since October, I have read posts via my son's membership for a year (ish).
But have learnt heaps in that time as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back