Not bad for Free!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beatlloydy

Reaction score
Hi,

Last night at the AHS meeting as a last agenda item there were 3 snakes and 2 turtles which were WIRES rescues presented. They cannot be let free as they were rescued in inner city locations.

I put my hand up for this lovely little coastal. She has a brilliant sheen under fluoros and is sooo tame. Not scared in the slightest...just over 1m long...I am prob guessing between 1 and 2 years but to be honest I wouldnt have a clue.

I have decided to name her Cecilia (pronounced sessilia). Sorry about the poor photos...I hate the red light..I have since changed it to a white light but didnt want to disturb her further on her first night in her new home.

Being a member of AHS has a lot of fringe benefits. Besides meeting people with a wealth of experience to talk herp stuff with they are a great bunch of people. The pub before and after is almost a "must do".

Attachments

• cecilia2.JPG
    cecilia2.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 256
  • cecillia.JPG
    cecillia.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 206
ive been watchen you beats, one animal after the other, your hooked. its street corners and dark alleyways for you, or you could just get more reptiles, good score mate.

ive been watchen you beats, one animal after the other, your hooked. its street corners and dark alleyways for you, or you could just get more reptiles, good score mate.

Yeah..I do get addicted to things and the only way to get rid of one addiction is to take up another.....always loved the reps but couldnt get them past the keeper in the past...but I went down the path of ordering the enclosures first and then stocking with the reps...seems less complaints from "she who must be obeyed".

Also, working from home I can monitor them more easily and just as I am walking past to make a coffee or bathroom break give them a quick hello... and the other good thing is they dont answer back (unlike my wife and kids) :D

damn it, i would have loved to take her, i bought the male coastal ot the AGM.
didn't go last night couse it was my birthday.

what were the other 2 snakes?

Thats great news,what other species of snakes were their..Make sure you quaranteen her,you wouldnt like the rest of your reptiles getting anything....MARK

Thats great news,what other species of snakes were their..Make sure you quaranteen her,you wouldnt like the rest of your reptiles getting anything....MARK

I believe one was a nice late juve/semi adult coastal intergrade (with part of tail missing) and the other was a small juvenile coastal...both of these snakes were also very good looking (apart from the missing tail section on the intergrade)...but we suspect they may have a little attitude. (unlike my new baby who is very quiet and obviously was handled frequently)

Just to correct one thing. they are QLD snakes in NSW thats why they could not be released. If it was a diamond and didn't act like a pet it would now be in the bush.
Congrats on a beautiful coastal I hope she brings you much joy.

love the stripe down it's back, thats fantastic

Yeah, it has a bit of a "designer" look about it, it is a cracking looking snake with a top temperment, well worth the exorbitant price of going to a few meetings, gaining some knowledge and meeting like minded people.. oh, and having a few beers and a feed down the pub.

, well worth the exorbitant price of going to a few meetings, gaining some knowledge and meeting like minded people.. oh, and having a few beers and a feed down the pub.
thats the easy part.. it's leaving the pub and going to work the next day that is hard...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back