Too late ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

happyfamily

Reaction score
Hi all

I paid in full for a python on Wednesday to a member of APS... since then I heard nothing, so I sent a PM asking when he would send the snake. I got the reply that he has been busy, so he won't be applying for his movement permit until monday. Considering I paid in full immediately through direct deposit for the snake, the export permit and the transport, i would have expected a little effort as he has had the full amount of around $500 for 3 days now. Am i being too harsh here, or would you expect the same ?

I have been buying herps for several years and have never had a seller be so casual about sending a herp to me. ESPECIALLY considering I paid for the whole lot, and did so 3 days ago, after receiving multiple emails from the seller repeatedly asking whether I was still interested, only for the line to go dead after I paid.....and he is yet to even put a form in, which will be another week before i see that snake.

Thoughts anyone ? I don't intend to share his name with anyone, that is not the point here and not something I would ever do- I am just wondering whether this situation is due to my impatience or just a laid back seller. What would you expect in this situatiuon ?

Thanks.

You are being too harsh.

It's a week tops mate, this is a busy time of year for everyone. Just ease up what's a couple of days in the life of a reptile?

I don't know the full details of the situation but i know that making a thread like this and getting up the seller's nose isn't gonna make it come any quicker.

Thanks Kazi- I just got a sweet email from the seller that was completely honest and made me and my kids feel a whole lot better, as they all chipped in to get this lovely snake. Thanks for the advice, maybe Christmas is frying my brain a little.

I never proceed with export paperwok until funds show up in the nominated account as it costs $20 in NSW for the permit and I have been left out of pocket too many times in the past.

Usually it takes a day or so for the funds to show up then at least 5 working days,sometimes more for NPWS to process the application.

Even if a seller is layed back or not you are looking at least 7 working days before freight is possible.If the seller lives in another state though it would probably happen a bit quicker.

I understand it takes a while to do the paperwork but I too understand the stress that happyfamily goin thru as a mate of mine just got done over by a lowlife mongrel on petlink with over $1500 worth reptiles that never existed. They received heaps of email and phone calls leading up to the transaction and once the money was deposited the he disappeared.

Last edited by a moderator:
As said, you are being a little too harsh :)
And making a thread about it isn't going to make the snake come any faster, and might offend the seller.

Don't worry, Christmas fries everyones brains.

Last edited:
way too harsh , and your lucky im not the seller . because if i was and i saw this thread , id be giving u your money back and telling u to f *off

way too harsh , and your lucky im not the seller . because if i was and i saw this thread , id be giving u your money back and telling u to f *off

True but not everybody is hardcore like you:rolleyes:

settle DOWN ...give it a week ..if nothing by then well then you have something to worry about ..the seller may have a legit reason why its taking a bit longer ,give the benefit of the doubt ..no doubt someone on here knows of the seller anyhow ,so if it does get to that crunch time well ,things can get sorted ...just be patient ...and let us know how your travelling with your waiting on baby ...I am glad you have not named the seller as its been only a short while ..but dont blame you for being a bit concerned ,cause its true and its happend on here as well, where people get ripped off ...

Deposit first....say 20% of full cost. Then when all paperwork is through and a couple of days before sending through AAE transfer the remaining balance. Ive dealt with one to many stupid people to give full cash up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back