aircon thermostat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trickedoutz31

Reaction score
hey does anyone know of a brand of thermostat that works oposite to heat lamp thermostats? instead of making somthing hotter they turn on somthing like a fan or aircon to make it cooler???

im hoping there is somthing that simply plugs into the wall and then the air con can plug into it so i dont have to hard wire anything into the house as im in a rental.

my room i have the snakes in is beginning to reach high temps of 35deg C and the other day it was 45deg C luckily i was home that day and was able to turn the aircon on manually.. im just worried about in future if im not going to be home and the snakes cooking in the heat cause i wasnt there to turn the aircon on. and i dont just want to leve the aircon running all day as thats a waist of power.

i was thinking of getting a timmer and setting it to turn the aircon on during the hottest parts of the day but not every day is hot out here and im worried about excess electricity charges

I would contact an electrician up that way mate and see what he has to say. Surely they would have designed something like that!!!

I know habistat make a cooling thermostat, but you would have to check the power limits on it and the aircon. It might not handle that amount of power

you could use a standard cooling thermostat switching a contactor to turn your air con on. You will need a sparky to wire it though.

A standard box type air con dont like being switched on or off constantly though.

You need an air con with an inverter, that way you could leave it on and it will regulate the temp without costing you a fortune.

You can get portable air cons that run a fan. You program the desired temp into the display. Until the desired temp is reached the fan runs circulating the air. When programmed temp is reached the air con cuts in.
Turning aircons on/off all the time can lead to tripped breakers or blown fuses.

i have a habistat cooling thermostat from the herp shop running a contactor that turns on my air con when it gets to 32 deg.
i can send you a quick schemadic to give to a sparky. i am a sparky so was easy to come by for me. works really well. just make sure you get a air con that has an automatic restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back