breeding loan mix up.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Better give the other persons name.
I see the mob has an itch to scratch and they may just turn on you!

LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: LOL

Kirby if this was a legit deal then I am sorry it has turned sour ..but in saying that from whats been put up in the posts ..SOMETHING SMELLS A BIT SUS ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kirby if this was a legit deal then I am sorry it has turned sour ..but in saying that from whats been put up in the posts ..SOMETHING SMELLS A BIT SUS ...

yeap, very fishy

My thoughts exactly!
As for the lynch mob, remember there are always 2 sides to the story and the holes in this one are beginning to form ;)

Maybe Kirby simply mis-described it being a 'breeding loan', when he really meant it was simply being cared for by someone else for some length of time and 'breeding loan' was an easier term to use.

I know some of the younger ones on here aren't too sensible, but I never really thought of Kirby as one of them. Maybe a little over-enthusiastic, but he's not an idiot, and I know he would not breed from an animal too young.

So Kirby, you better not prove me wrong now young man.........

As i said before to the lynch mob....... there are always two sides to every story.

It seems this ''Breeding loan'' may not have been a breeding loan at all? Not old enough to breed? As JasonL said, where is the logic in that?

Was it that your circumstances were less than ideal and the animal was offloaded onto this person? Whet were the exact arrangements if the animal was too young to breed? As i asked before, were you providing money for the maintenance of this animal as it wasn't just a quick ''breeding loan'' ? Growing a beardie is not exactly cheap.

Was there any timeframe stipulated, as to when you would be getting the dragon back from him? Have you been in contact with the other person during the time he had this beardie?

Well looks like you narrowed it down to being a MALE that supposedly did this to you ...

seek advice from EPA as the animal was not on lic long enough for them to sell unless approved by the EPA/National Parks and Wildlife.
They may then be able to order your animal back to the correct owner.

You may have no recourse to retrieve your "loaned" dragon. If the issue would go to court for example- the other party would argue that the transfer of the beardie to his licence effectively acted as a contract in that it was a mutual agreement which saw the transfer of ownership.

And if there was a misunderstanding, and you hit rock bottom, forcing you to give up your collection- and now you say the beardie is in "safe hands", isn't this a happy resolution and an unfortunate result of your previous problems. Perhaps a little swallowing of pride and acceptance that the beardie will be well taken care of may be in order, and preferable to counting the lost dollars.

Obviously this is not like losing your beloved puppy- sounds more like a little lost cash is more the focus- no talk of sentiment or companionship- but more of financial remorse- it appears you hadn't seen the beardie for a long enough timeframe for the " breeding partner" to assume you no longer had any interest ????

The Dragon wasn't a run of the mill dragon that is why he is upset.

They are NEVER run of the mill when they are ours though, are they ? Just like our children...

If there is one thing we all know- it's that there is no such thing as the ULTIMATE reptile- the for sale boards are updated hourly with reptiles that look better than the next.

And my point was just proven Dave (not looking to flame mate ) - the issue seems to be the value of the dragon, and not it's welfare....and by OP's own admission, it seems the beardie is now being well looked after.

sorry Fayseeeeee :oops::oops:...SUS is more suitable for the site thanks for that :lol::lol::lol:

They are NEVER run of the mill when they are ours though, are they ? Just like our children...

If there is one thing we all know- it's that there is no such thing as the ULTIMATE reptile- the for sale boards are updated hourly with reptiles that look better than the next.

And my point was just proven Dave (not looking to flame mate ) - the issue seems to be the value of the dragon, and not it's welfare....and by OP's own admission, it seems the beardie is now being well looked after.

i think i know which dragon hes talking about and it does have a pretty special mutation,....therefore is rare and probably quite valuable.

either way unless there was an exchange of $ and license deets between Kirby and the loanee the loanee should have contacted him to inform him of the impending sale,....

It was a special animal to him, he could of sold it when he sold his other dragons. I thought he sold it to the person, he didn't tell me it was just a loan. If you knew what the animal is and you were in his shoes you would feel the same. But Kirby did dissapear for a while after he sold them (I am not sure if he kept in contact with the person about the dragon) so I assume the person sold it. The person he sold it to is a good bloke and i am sure he didn't do it on purpose to make kirby mad.

He gave it to the person with a purchase of other dragons.

face it that beardie is goooneee.

I am sure the new owner will look after it well and produce plenty of offspring ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back