Battle of the Flab

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had 4 kids TM ,I got more bits hanging down from me then a christmas tree ..

You're painting a mighty enticing picture there RBB :D :p Mmm mmmm hehehe

-_- I give up on you people, I'm TELLING you it's not much, and looking for advice, and all most of you can say is "stop complaining" sheesh, all I asked for is if anyone knew of ways to be rid of/minimise it... or if anyone knows of any skin products that actually work... If I can make it go, then why shouldn't I? why should I not want to fix it?

Thankyou to those who get it and gave me some good answers.

These mirrors can work in the home too ;)

3841438251_3ced98a9c1.jpg

-_- I give up on you people, I'm TELLING you it's not much, and looking for advice, and all most of you can say is "stop complaining" sheesh, all I asked for is if anyone knew of ways to be rid of/minimise it... or if anyone knows of any skin products that actually work... If I can make it go, then why shouldn't I? why should I not want to fix it?

Thankyou to those who get it and gave me some good answers.

I'm so sorry for trying to better myself... if wanting to look/feel my best is such a horrible thing then I guess I'm going straight to hell.

Maybe a quick phone call to "the body shop" would have been a better solution... They do deal with that sort of skin stuff....

But yes say thank you to aps who were only trying to make you feel better about your body.. I try bitting my sholders i heard its a good method in relaxing any pinched nerves which have been caught up and knotted working at a desk all day...

People in stores will tell you anything to make you buy their product, which is why I asked here.... and I do believe that no where in this thread have I said that I feel bad about my body... or that I was looking for advice on loosing weight...

Exercise is supposed to tighten skin, but I'm not sure if it works after you've lost the weight, I think it's more of a during thing.

Exfoliating is good for skin, as is drinking lots of water. I think you've just got a waiting game ahead of you though.

TM was only trying to make light of a situation that in all honesty when you type you have lost weight and are now 50 kgs ...and wanna tone up flab ...what flab do you get at 50kgs?
body image to some means alot and to some even more it is a demon that they fight day in day out ,reading your posts can be taken out of context by some that do suffer these battles ,so as myself and some others did, we made light of the situation ..sorry you took it as a personal shot at you ..this was not the case ...

I'm sorry RBB, was not just you, if you see me in person you'll see that I am tiny and have weighed as little as 41-42 and still looked healthy... as for body image issues, I take them very seriously, at 21 I have mild cellulite on the backs of my thighs (mostly gone NOW) I have had developed Major skin/acne problems for the last 8 years (which is also clearing up thank god) and stretch marks around my hips thighs and a few small ones under my arms...

I have people on one side of the fence telling me I'm (still) tubby and tease me (my own parentals are in this group) and also people on the other side telling me I'm an idiot for caring...

I apologise if I seem touchy over people telling me to be happy with what I've got, because it is the first time I have looked/felt as good as I do now.

Sorry if it seems like I'm having a winge, but now you's should see why this is a big thing for me.

I think you guys (females) are harder on yourselves than anyone else. More often than not it's not warranted. I think as long as you are pro-active in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and doing the little things (as it appears you are trying to do) then you're well and truly on the right track. You have to keep in mind that us blokes (well, me in particular) aren't into skinny, boney rakes :lol: :D

I'm sorry RBB, was not just you, if you see me in person you'll see that I am tiny and have weighed as little as 41-42 and still looked healthy... as for body image issues, I take them very seriously, at 21 I have mild cellulite on the backs of my thighs (mostly gone NOW) I have had developed Major skin/acne problems for the last 8 years (which is also clearing up thank god) and stretch marks around my hips thighs and a few small ones under my arms...

I have people on one side of the fence telling me I'm (still) tubby and tease me (my own parentals are in this group) and also people on the other side telling me I'm an idiot for caring...

I apologise if I seem touchy over people telling me to be happy with what I've got, because it is the first time I have looked/felt as good as I do now.

Sorry if it seems like I'm having a winge, but now you's should see why this is a big thing for me.

grab a moisturizer like nivia Q10 (i think) or body tonic Garner (in a yellow bottle) and rub that on twice a day! its great and even if it doesnt do what it claims your still moisturizing and that helps they elasticity in your skin.!

congrats on loosing weight, ive been toning up for summer and i used to participate it heaps of Physical ed through school but over VCE its really dropped off plus with everyone getting there licence we no longer walk anywhere, you've giving me some inspiration thanks! :D

i can have horrible self body image of myself :rolleyes: but i cant help it :lol: most days i love the skin im in but sometimes.....so i just do what i can to make it appeal more to me more.
my treadmill loves me ;)

Can I ask exactly what you have done to lose such weight? What weight were you before your now amazing 50kg? I am trying to achieve the same thing myself at the moment :p

As for the skin thing, I have a product by the brand 'palmers' which seems to work well, It's for after pregnancy so It is designed for toning stretched skin and stretch marks etc. (I havent been preggars nor intend to any time soon just to clarify LOL)
Give it a go, I'm using it at the moment twice daily and it seems to be working for me :)

how'd you do it!!?
lol

Nat ;)

I take them very seriously, at 21 I have mild cellulite on the backs of my thighs (mostly gone NOW) I have had developed Major skin/acne problems for the last 8 years (which is also clearing up thank god) and stretch marks around my hips thighs and a few small ones under my arms...
Big deal, i see teenage kids with cellulite and strechmarks, be happy with what you have, stop comparing yourself to others.
If thats your pic you seem pretty enough.
Also, there is a cream, or lotion, if you believe the tacky commercials that could, possibly help.
Imo, lots of sun and excersizing the "trouble"spots will do the job.
Remember..
it puts the lotion on the skin.
Or it gets the hose again......;)

I went from a checkout chic job to an office job about 2 years ago, and in the last 2 years, went from 47 to almost 60... and I've come back down to 50 in just this year, I had to kick my lolly addiction and cut down on the food! OMG I used to CONSTANTLY eat at work, I'd have my lunch and half an hour later be eating again... Had to kick that too lol.

So eating better, and hit the treadmill a few times a week for a period of time... and now I'm basicaly just treating my body better, only eating enough that I don't feel hungry, instead of eating HUGE meals having smaller healthier snacks... I did get sick at one stage and lost a few then... but yeah basic lifestyle change did it mainly. I still have my lollie binges and have drinks with friends, so you don't need to cut everything out, just need to moderate it. :)

I went from a checkout chic job to an office job about 2 years ago, and in the last 2 years, went from 47 to almost 60... and I've come back down to 50 in just this year, I had to kick my lolly addiction and cut down on the food! OMG I used to CONSTANTLY eat at work, I'd have my lunch and half an hour later be eating again... Had to kick that too lol.

So eating better, and hit the treadmill a few times a week for a period of time... and now I'm basicaly just treating my body better, only eating enough that I don't feel hungry, instead of eating HUGE meals having smaller healthier snacks... I did get sick at one stage and lost a few then... but yeah basic lifestyle change did it mainly. I still have my lollie binges and have drinks with friends, so you don't need to cut everything out, just need to moderate it. :)

Well done, that's awesome.

Ha Ha, A 5ft tall female body builder?... *imagines her short frame and white skin bulging with muscles* :?

Nah thanks ^_^

I went out with a 5ft tall female bodybuilder once. Something about those bulging muscles .... still sends a shiver down my spine ;)

Maybe you just wanted reassurance and people telling you you look good and you have nothing to worry about ! !!!

cool :) I do eat alot at times lol... Like just now, I had subway for tea and got a 6inch, felt full just over half way but kept eating anyway lol :lol:

hmmm maybe I should cut down on the amount, I also got told that eating 6 or so small meals a day is better then 3 full meals.

I don't know how much I weigh, last time I weighed myself it was around 65kg!! My goal weight is 50 so I keep trying :p I have definately lost weight since then, for about a month I didn't eat chocolate or lollies or KFC or maccas etc... Just all healthy stuff. But for the past 2 weeks ive sort of reverted back to my old eating habits haha..:p:rolleyes:

back to the healthy eating I go!

My downfall in my opinion is excersize.. I work 5 days a week and 8 hours a day.. So most the time I just want to sleep when I get home haha :shock:

I've heard of an all fruit diet, (except dinner, you can have a light meal for example salad and a piece of meat or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back