update on border collie pups

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bulionz

in my 1st thread about these little guy's i said i would keep use updated..so here ya go.
jessies pups 004.jpg

jessies pups 006.jpg

jessies pups 005.jpg

jessies pups 008.jpg
they are 4 weeks old.

The one in the first picture looks exactly like my first dog, she's in a bad condition atm though :/

Border Collies and Border Collie X's make excellent pets.

yer lol there the best dogs ever ..there pure bred btw.

What's your kennel name? they are cute.

what do u mean by kennel like a breeders thing or something or the name of the kennel in the background

breeders prefix

dont have 1, we might breed border collie so we will get a kennel's name and all that and some dogs with papers.

yes they have all there needles,and reguler check ups and pups will have there vaccinations done shortly.

Cute, i like the one with the white spot on its back.

yes they have all there needles,and reguler check ups and pups will have there vaccinations done shortly.

No, I mean specific breed health checks that collies are vulnerable to like Hip Dysplasia, Ceroid Lipofuscinosis, Collie Eye Anomaly?

If he doesn't know what you're talking about the first time, whitey, then I doubt it. I also doubt it if they haven't got a prefix. I, personally, would not buy these puppies, because I choose not to further "backyard breeders" and their dogs which have not had the proper testing needed.

If he doesn't know what you're talking about the first time, whitey, then I doubt it. I also doubt it if they haven't got a prefix. I, personally, would not buy these puppies, because I choose not to further "backyard breeders" and their dogs which have not had the proper testing needed.

Ditto

cross breeds are generally healthier then pedigrees due to a deeper gene pool and no inbreeding. name a breed that isnt prone to hip displaysia?? to me the issue would be paying pedigree prices when there arent any papers to view.

having your bitch provide a litter isnt a big deal as long as it isnt a seasonal think. most registered breeders will get their bitch to produce a litter annually which isnt ideal but the real problems are with puppy mills and people not buying the right dog according to their environment/lifestyle.

im fairly sure it is illegal to be a "backyard breeder" so to speak - unless your dog is registered as undesexed with your local council and in order for it to be registered as undesexed u need a breeders license which comes from having papered pets and being regsitered with a canine counci...... but i could also be competley wrong LOL
i do love the first pic, the pup looks so freaking happy, love it when they smile :)

cant speak for act but in sa theres nothing preventing anyone over the age of 16 owning a dog and that dog can be entire or desexed. papers have nothing to do with being able to or not being able to breed a dog. however unless one does have papers terms like pedigree or pure breed should be avoided as they cant be verified.

the only gripe i have with backyard/recreational/hobbyist breeders is that a lot of them sell to pet shops where the puppies live in unhealthy environments and are in a constant state of visual but not physical stimulation this causes lots of behavioural issues later on. the other problem with petshop puppies is that they inevitably attract impulse buying which in turn results in surrenders usually when the dog is about a year old or when the next rego fees are due.

got this from the ACT domestic animals page. i think i agree with this, i guess coz u have to have the dog desexed that means if u have pups thats breaking the law? (if your dog is within the desexing age bracket of course)
Do I need to de-sex my dog?
It is compulsory for all dogs born on or after the 21st June 2001 to be de-sexed unless the owner obtains a permit, at a charge from Domestic Animal Services to keep the dog sexually entire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back