Regurgitating Stimmie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessb

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My nearly 2yo Stimmie was fed a small/medium rat on 30/11. It was bigger than anything she has had before but she managed it OK. This morning she had regurgitated it. She seems fine, but I just wanted to check if there was anything I should look out for.

Her temps are fine, but she rarely sits at the hot end of her enclosure.

Thanks for your advice!

Has she been handled since shes been fed,another reason why they regurgitate,the food item is to large for them...MARK

did it have constant heat for her after you fed her? if it was to cold with a large meal then they can regurge, other then that there are other reason but dont want to jump to bad stuff when it is probably jsut something simple

yeah to big or to higher temps. check the inside of the snakes mouth for scratches or marks, i have seen mouth infections come from regurgitating half digested food before.

I haven't handled her, but I think that you are all right in suggesting that the food item was too big. You could see where it was inside her, but it didn't seem too enormous... Her temps are fine, but as I mentioned, she rarely spends time on the warm tile at the hot end, she prefers the cool end.

dtulip, how do I check the inside of her mouth? She seems too small to open her mouth without hurting her!

Even knowing the Stimmie got it down,they seem to think,what the hell i will give it go, then once its down they have second thoughts and regurgitate..Better out than in....MARK

LOL I think that was definitely it Mark. She looked at it for while like she was thinking about it and made a great effort in swallowing it, but obviously changed her mind...

Yes Simple - it was pretty nasty by the time it came back up... It was first thing in the morning when I found it and I nearly vomited cleaning it up!!! :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back