Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went for a quick herp last night and have herped the area for years and it was the first time I have ever seen one of these a few minutes from my place.I've seen them out of Mackay heading west and had a play with one once,they have a very interesting defense mechanism and sort of go like a figure 8 with only 2 parts of the body touching the ground and rest of body raised.They can also spin round when you hold them by the tail and what a most beautiful snake.The unfortunate part was it was well alive but had some sort of damage and I doubt it survived the night..enjoy as I did takeing some pics!!!

Attachments

• P1030714.jpg
    P1030714.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 242
Yeah bandy bandy,shame it was injured,such awesome looking snakes!

yes it is a shame. I know someone that was cleaning their pool filter and there was a black and white necklace in it so they went to pick it up and it swims off lol it was a lil Bandy Bandy

iv seen that on doccos and stuff, how they arch the middle of their body. Why do they do it?

Threat display. "I'm big and scary....back off"

Oh ok lol thanks for that kris. Is that because they stand out so much with the black and white? also is that why they are so venemous?

some pics of some of the ones I have come across in recent times

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 95
  • xx.jpg
    xx.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 96
  • xxx.jpg
    xxx.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 95
  • xxxx.jpg
    xxxx.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 87
Might be thinking of a milk snake is it?Saw a adult spotted another 10 metres after the bandy bandy,a bts and all in an hour on full moon!!

To your question BROWNS (the milksnake) it prob was what i was thinking of i cant really remember properly because it was a while ago, but nice pics to all

Well I actually couldn't see the blood until in the pics and it was moving around pretty well still,still doubt it would have made it to the next morning.

To your question BROWNS (the milksnake) it prob was what i was thinking of i cant really remember properly because it was a while ago, but nice pics to all

Milk snakes are harmless.
but it does have a highly venomous look alike. I believe its called the king snake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back