Roy Jones jr v Danny Green predictions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
think you will find danny green will chase abig paying fight in america now that hes made a name by beating one of the best fighters in the world. theres nothing to be gained by fighting mundine again
I hope your right, I wish him the best of luck. Danny Green is someone we should all be proud of to be representing our great country!

Go Green!!!!!!!!!

jones deserved that tko.....showing off like that with only one hand up, thats why he got knocked the F%$# out!

funny

Danny went down to super middle for Mundine and Danny was clearly weekened by the loss of weight etc
but Mundine was excellant in his boxing performance against the dangerous Green

He lost a measly 4lb between fighting Garcia & Mundine. That is only 1.8kg and was never at risk.
But I see alot of Mundane haters & Green fans use that same "weight issue" excuse for his loss everytime.
Green has always fought in super middle & light heavy weights. There was never any dramatic loss or step down for him in either division or weight.

Last edited:
It would appear you are un-Australian aswell then. You should always back your country

I am un-Australian. Born in the UK, citizenship in '83, and spent a fair chunk overseas since then, so you have a point.

I am un-Australian. Born in the UK, citizenship in '83, and spent a fair chunk overseas since then, so you have a point.
lol. Ill leave it there then as i am not to keen to risk another suspension.

SYD Morning HERALD
Despite the hype surrounding Green's bout with the legendary Jones, the pay-per-view take-up for Wednesday night's fight was about half of those for the Mundine-Green bout in 2006, with an estimated 80,000 households subscribing to the fight and 800 pubs.
Mundine's world title bout with Sam Soliman in 2007 attracted similar figures, while the Mundine-Green fight was taken up by about 150,000 pay-per-view subscribers at home and 1600 pubs.
Mundine received $4 million for that bout and Green pocketed $2m but negotiations for a rematch broke down after Green demanded more than double the second time around......

think you will find danny green will chase abig paying fight in america now that hes made a name by beating one of the best fighters in the world. theres nothing to be gained by fighting mundine again
Pride and a couple of million dollars.

i just watched it again, that right hand that dropped him wasnt even a clean shot but all it took was 122seconds to become a legend beater.....i laughed when i heard that mundine and his entourage tried to crash the green after party,obviously to try and steal some of danny's limelight but we'rent allowed in.... but remember what they say, your only as good as your next fight,which is most likely bernard hopkins...

well done danny....

Was just about to comment on that bongie (b hopkins). And for all those mundine lovers out their who is his next fight against? Some unknow coal minner! lol.

There was a few good articles in yesterdays sun re green and mundine. There were 2 articles pretty much slaming mundines career which imo was quite accurate, and a few well written pieces re green with comments from the likes of jeff fenech and his old trainer, with a few words from hopkins aswell. And as mentioned from bongie evidence used to back up their comments were made re past and future apponents.....

Going off topic a little, here's a similar fight. Amir Khan (WBA light-welterweight champ) against the fancied Dmitriy Salita.
Khan came back after being belted last match and last night;

[video=youtube;Mkc4VRgFLNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkc4VRgFLNI[/video]

Definitely a bloke that will move on.

Even more so now he has Freddy Roach as his trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back