Ouija boards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What i would like to know is, why are people who beleive in the paranormal so defencive of their beleifs. I know if someone came up to me and said gravity didnt exist i wouldnt at any point feel offended. People may be entitled to think how they do but the world only works 1 way. You cant have gravity and not have it at the same time. Ghosts either exist or they dont, both sides cant be right. For this reason if people are willing to talk about their beleifs they should also be willing to be criticised.

To answer your question, there is no such thing as ghosts so I wouldnt worry about having deamons chase you down the hallway after using a ouije board. That being said i wouldnt do it with someone who is likely to play tricks on you becaus those horror movies are freaky, and I recon my beleifs aside id still be **** scared if the thing spelt out 'you are going to die' (even though i would know it was my friend moving it).

Grimbeny, it would be an awfully dull world if we were all alike, and thought the same..... just think, no such thing as infractions or suspensions from forums!!! LOL

Ouji boards are dangerous alright :lol: Friends did one few months ago that predicted one of the girls at the games night was pregnant. Six weeks later she did the test and BAM. Baby on the way and she's only 19 (she was two months along at that point).

I used to live in an old Queenslander that belonged to a doctor (we had the records of the house going back 140 years.) I've had more then a life time's experiences in that place :p One of the most notable ones was having a - full - bottle of pepsi launched at my head from the otherside of the room. Later that night, I woke up feeling funny and there was just a massive blob of pure black standing in front of my computer screen (You all probably know how that ended...). Funnily enough I kept my room clean from then on and nothing happened (something always stirred when my room was a pigsty). We had shiney things go missing only to turn up a year or so later; pots and dishes were slammed and broken and dogs/birds scared ****less more than once.

I chose not to believe that there are Ghosts. Just memories of people who died angry/depressed/naive. The theory behind that is that if there were ghosts, a LOT more of us would be dead by now. However, that said, humans are only ever aware of 2/3 of the world around us... so who knows what's out there? :):shock:

My friends always used to talk crap and how they didnt believe in the paranormal. They lived across the road from a cemetary and used to make jokes about doing a seance there.

One year for his bday I bought him a Psychic Circle board. They decided to use it one night after work, I wasnt present because I chose not to be involved having used them before in my past.

My mates were drunk they thought it was all a big joke until a brother and sister whom they all knew that had recently died in a car crash spoke to them. They tested them asking personal questions only each of them would have known and the spirits answered them all correctly.. my mates crapped themselves and have never touched the board since...

To all the doubters go to a book store and ask for the Psychic Circle Board, or look it up online and try it for yourself...it is ignorant to disregard all the possibilities out there.

Come back and post after you have tried it.. and then tell us what you think...;)

Isnt it equally ignorant to disregard the fact that you probably had a momentary lapse of insanity.

Its a case of everybody having their own ideas of what they think may be there, or not, as they wish. What one cannot deny is the fact that many need to know that there is something beyond death, that this is not all there is. Hence, for centuries, the Christians believe in heaven, and for even longer, the vikings beleived in Valhalla, many many races, religions, societies hold beliefs over thousands of years that there IS SOMETHING after we are gone. In proving that, some even beleive there is an afterlife where we can be to contact loved ones left behind or whatever. and that's fine, it's comforting to those who do want to think they are still around and nearby.

Then there are the realists, you may call them, who flatly refuse to acknowledge there is anything there, perhaps because they don't want to think there may be something in it, or maybe there is an inherent fear that there may be something out there! Others may even, out of reson and logic, decide that it's all stuff and nonsence, and thats fine too. We none of us know for sure, neither the firm believers, or the firm sceptics. It will all be discovered after we each of us pass on and discover what may or may not be there, but I do know this, half of us are going to be completely shocked and totally disappointed to find we were wrong!! LOL

I have sensed things, seen things, witnessed stuff that I can't explain. I don't say it was real, but I can't say it wasnt neither, so I remain open minded to either side, that way, when my time comes, I wont be so shocked or disappointed. Jury's out as far as I am concerned.

For those of you who firmly believe, I admire you and respect you for your beliefs, as I do for those who completely refute any idea of any remote possibility. It's called respect for each others ideas and ideals.

Can ANYONE prove for sure either way? Has anyone proved anything for sure, with concrete evidence either way? I think not, and till someone does, I'm on the fence!

what a crock Dipsy.... in that case you believe in Santa, the tooth fairy and the boogey man.... no one has concrete evidence that they dont exist either....

I cant believe there are so many gullible people in the world... Care to buy some snake oil for what ails ya?

Dipsy you can't prove a negative you can only prove a positive. So when you ask someone to prove that something is not there it simply cannot be done.

I think you will find most sceptics or non-beleivers will be pretty open minded if some quality evidence is presented to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a crock Dipsy.... in that case you believe in Santa, the tooth fairy and the boogey man.... no one has concrete evidence that they dont exist either....

I cant believe there are so many gullible people in the world... Care to buy some snake oil for what ails ya?

I take it then, that you are a realist? So, what are your thoughts on an afterlife, what awaits you on the other side? Once you are gone, are you just dust and dirt?

Oh, and as for Santa, yes, he exists, in every childs heart and dreams. (Plus, I have SEEN him, in the local shopping centre with a kiddie on his lap having his picture taken!!)

Dipsy you can't prove a negative you can only prove a positive. So when you ask someone to prove that something is not there it simply cannot be done.

I think you will find most sceptics or non-beleivers will be pretty open minded if some quality evidence is presented to them.

Absolutely agreed Waruikazi! But to both sides of the argument, they are both positives as far as they are concerned, and yet worlds apart, never will any agreeance be reached by either, they all have their own idea of what is and what isn't,, as with the bulldog thread, you can't change other peoples minds, but you can respect the others right to think as they do!!!!!!!!

You shouldn't mess with things that can't be explained..

Absolutely agreed Waruikazi! But to both sides of the argument, they are both positives as far as they are concerned, and yet worlds apart, never will any agreeance be reached by either, they all have their own idea of what is and what isn't,, as with the bulldog thread, you can't change other peoples minds, but you can respect the others right to think as they do!!!!!!!!

No no Dipcy you don't get what i mean as a positive. To prove a claim to be true is to prove the positive to prove a claim is not true is to prove a negative. For example if someone asks you to prove that god doesn't exist there are an infinite ammount of things that would need to be tested and it just can't be done. But to prove god does exist you only need one peice of hard evidence.

Did that make sense?

No no Dipcy you don't get what i mean as a positive. To prove a claim to be true is to prove the positive to prove a claim is not true is to prove a negative. For example if someone asks you to prove that god doesn't exist there are an infinite ammount of things that would need to be tested and it just can't be done. But to prove god does exist you only need one peice of hard evidence.

Did that make sense?

And in that, there has never been a single piece of hard evidence that god does exist! Yet millions choose to believe. Same as here, there are those who choose to believe, and those that don't.................... they would be far better off just agreeing to disagree, as I said, because neither side will see the others point!

Each side believe they have good evidence, and so each side believe they have a positive. Is that not right?

And in that, there has never been a single piece of hard evidence that god does exist! Yet millions choose to believe. Same as here, there are those who choose to believe, and those that don't.................... they would be far better off just agreeing to disagree, as I said, because neither side will see the others point!

Each side believe they have good evidence, and so each side believe they have a positive. Is that not right?

Dipcy i'm not arguing with you, i'm pretty opened minded to these kind of things. I'm just bringing a point of order if you will that these things can only be proved in the positive it cannot be proved in the negative. In other words we may one day be able to say that there is definately a god but we will never be able to say that there is definatley not a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back