BEARDIE vomit?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_beardie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone, i need some help.
Yesterday i fed my beardie about 12 crickets. When i went back into my room at night, it looked like he had vomited them up? There were full crickets on the ground but there was also a huge poop next to it. Should i be worried?

Please help. I love him so much!

He is 2 years old in april.

Thanks in advance.
Please help

Hi - what's your cage setup re temps (basking/cool) & UV.
Hold off feeding him atm

it happens sometimes, as lollypop said check ur temps, basking should be around 40C.

i had a couple throw up the day after too many superworms and not enough heat, (so feral smelling,..ewwwww!!)i noticed they werent feeling well and once theyd chucked they were better (beards back to white) and back to eating salad the next day. (

better out than in i say.

if its a regular thing get it checked for worms/parasites.

so how long shouldnt i feed him? i'm worried! i hope he is ok :S

He should be fine
Mine threw up recently after gorging on Cicadas
He will get his appetite back after a day or so
If he does not seek vet advice

Same thing happened to mine a couple of times when he was younger, I reckon he just ate them too fast.

One of my males regurgitates if he eats too much too fast.

my boy barry used to beat lilah to the mealies and then eat as many as possible b4 she would realise they were there.. one day he ate almosed all of them and bout 10 mins later (after some head shaking) puked them all over the place. stank so bad like no other smells they have ever made..
i figure like ppl some lizards are just pigs... now he takes his time... lol but i has happened once since to.. dont think its much to worry bout

it happens sometimes, as lollypop said check ur temps, basking should be around 40C.

i had a couple throw up the day after too many superworms and not enough heat, (so feral smelling,..ewwwww!!)i noticed they werent feeling well and once theyd chucked they were better (beards back to white) and back to eating salad the next day. (

better out than in i say.

if its a regular thing get it checked for worms/parasites.

Ditto - just meant hold off on feeding until we/you were sure your temps were right, or eliminating a blockage:)

haha well i was worried but it has happened to me before sometimes i throw up for no reason so if it happens to humans it could happen to reptiles i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back