Emaciated Central Netted dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
get baby food into him till he puts weight on mate in that state he may not be able to eat live food i found baby foods when they are sick work great, and generally they will lick it from a syringebut if he isnot licking it you may need a dosing needlei used the meat content baby foodswith cal powder mixed in.

jason

Coccidia Parasites, in advanced cases can cause for the herp to excrete blood(With feces). So check the feces, if he does any and make sure there is no blood.
Good luck! wish you the best!

Geckoman, will you keep us updated on his progress, and also what the vet says?

I feel sorry for the guy i got these of
He bought them as a "healthy" breeding pair - female already gravid, 2 weeks ago

mmmm very sad story, there are so many things it could be, age, uva/uvb, parasites,MBD,kidney disease, Salmonellosis, lack of food etc.

You definately need a vet, seperate it from other animals, clean away faeces immediately, keep a sample of the poo for the vet. wash your hands after handling,ensure th eheat requirements are good enough with a hot spot of 40 degrees, feed woodies they have a better calcium count than crickets, use a phosphorus free calcium suppliment,

Enclosure setup goes a long way, as others have stated. vegitable matter to feed would consist of bok choy, dandelion leaves or hibiscus flowers

heres a site that will help, and you can buy a book
Captive Care of the Central Netted Dragon - The Book by Shannon Plummer - Buy online now!

goodluck

Things not going good today
Iv got the male to eat 2 cal dusted crix and he is looking alert
The female is now having trouble staying awake and is looking like she is dying
Iv managed to get a little bit of liquid food into her
Iv had them on a heat mat under UVB
Im seeing a reptile vet at 5.45 so wish me and the dragon luck cos she is going to need it

Very strange, my female died a week ago and as far as i could see there wasnt much wrong with her... My male is in the same state as yours which is terrible, im very afraid he is on his last legs, he was eating very well untill she passed away and now suddenly he is just skin and bones.... A part of me wants him to just rest in peace but the other part of me wants to keep trying everything, but im running out of things to try.
Whatever the outcome i hope that your netted does well. Keep us updated!

How old were yours?
She is still really bad but appears stable so who knows
I spoke to the vet and he said i was better off not bringing them in as the stress might of being moved and taken of heat might prove too much
He instead wants me to take in a stool sample asap and force feed them liquid food supplement if they wont eat

My female was around 8 to 14 months, and my male is (not for long) supposedly that age as well, but i think that the male i bought is more around the 2 to 4 year mark judging by his size compared to the female.....

He was almost double her size at around 27cm so i suspect the breeder may have been feeding me lies...

Good luck with it. Get a faecal sample to the vet for a faecal float ASAP. I'd put money on a tapeworm/roundworm potential burden before coccidia. You'll probably find pin worms too but then they aren't uncommon to find even in healthy reptiles.

Good luck with it.....if your struggling to get fluids in, find someone (if you don't know how) who can do sub-cut fluid injections for you to ensure hydration is maintained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back