Bite pics ...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redbellybite

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
:evil: Dont you hate it when your snake food (breeders) BITE you ...:rolleyes:.
3 days ago ,was cleaning out ,my guinea pigs cages ...and one of my boys was a touch antzy ...he was freaking out about his woman and came to her defence ..was totally my fault and I paid for it with a boo boo on my finger ...

BLOOD everywhere outside ..came back in gave it a good wash took some pics ..nothing really except he hit bone! ..and the next morning you can see it is very swollen(after I got out of my pool) ,,,this morning got up and its starting to oooozeee yellowy crud and still swollen ...

Didnt think I would get much of an infection ,due to it being a veg head ...thought more meat eaters were higher risk ..anyhoo see what its like after weekend, if my Jaw stiffens and I start foaming at the mouth ...maybe docs are in order ;)

On the same night...
DSCF3187.jpg

DSCF3182.jpg

next morning
DSCF3189.jpg

DSCF3190.jpg

DSCF3191.jpg

later on that day ..
DSCF3194.jpg

DSCF3198.jpg

normal finger bending on left hand
DSCF3196.jpg

DSCF3197.jpg

then this morning ...still cant bend it ...
DSCF3202.jpg

DSCF3203.jpg

don't worry about doctors, bit of back yard surgery butchers cleaver and a band aid couple of week you'll forget all about it

I was bitten by my male guinea pig too, i tried to break up a fight ,Next day my bite was just like yours (sore ,swollen etc) I left it another day before going to doctor and I had a bright red line going up my arm from the bite site,Needed antibiotics for infection.

Ouch RBB! Deff keep the top open so it can ooze all the bad stuff out and heal from the inside out... hope you have some saline (spelling) or some nice ouchie betadine!

straight to the docs RBB dont chance it , after all its still a rodent

Sorry rbb but serves you right! Guinea pigs arnt for food their :( Guniea pigs are so gentle and addorable i dont no how anyone can use them as food. They have the most beautiful nature

I was bitten on the ring finger ( wedding ) by one of my breeding rats - needless to say she is no longer with us.
It was before I went to work and I didnt think too much of it. Over the course of the next have an hour my finger swelled to about twice it size and I had to cut my wedding and engagement rings off.

Took about a week or so for it to go back to completely normal and then I had to get my rings repaired.
Turned out to be an expensive exercise - doctors fee, tetanus needle, antibiotics and repairs to rings.

The only thing was that I didnt get any photos....bugga.......

Sorry rbb but serves you right! Guinea pigs arnt for food their :( Guniea pigs are so gentle and addorable i dont no how anyone can use them as food. They have the most beautiful nature
This thread really shows that beautiful nature..... :D
Some might also say the same thing about rats, but snakes need to eat. :)

Being close to the joint, watch for septic arthritis forming, you certainly don't want that to happen. Keep a close eye on it and if its getting worse or doesn't appear any better in the next 2 days get to the doc for a course of anti-biotics.

Do you care that strongly about rats and mice to? maybe we should start a new type of snake. The vegetarian Snakes. We can feed them carrots, apples maybe even lettuce! we will be rich!

I keep guinea pigs too, as pets, and I've (accidently) been bitten by one before too- hurts like buggery!!

lol, that looks alot worse than rat bites. hope it doesn't get infected rbb.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back