White spots on Bluey ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
well not long ago i was given a bluey and looked really skinny then in 3 days it had white spots all over it, i gave it away as i couldnt find a disease that caused white spots, and the other day my bluey died and it had white spots, can someone please tell me what it is ?

cheers Nick

Last edited:
What kind of bluetongue? & Photo's would help to find the problem. Sorry to hear the bad news..

im sorry my sis accidently deleted all my photos, well they were little white spots bout 1mm all over it, they were both eastern

maybe a week i gave the first one away though and i tried to treat the 2nd

Sounds like mites, as the white spots are usually the mite poo after
feeding on the host (this case the bluetongue)

Depending on the size of the bluey their scales are quite large & the mites will hide really well & usually only come out at night or when the animal is not being disturbed.
As frustrating and annoying mites are they are incredible litte survivors.

damn mites, he was bout 25cm and the smaller one was like 18cm and i never saw a mite

Yep that's big enough to not see a mite and be able to hide a few hundred undetected
in the scales.

man thats heaps, thanks for the info mate, is there a cream or something like that to cure mites

There is a few ways of treating them as there is the mite spray known as top of descent which is used in aircrafts for the control of such parasites but just make sure you use this carefully as too much can harm the lizard.
Safer methods can be just letting your lizard soak in water and clean lizard off with the mites drowning but this will never get rid of them altogether & there is always vegetable oil which you could wipe over the lizard to suffocate the mites but all these treatments will have to be regularly treated for a while as the eggs etc. will usually be unaffected by the above mentioned methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back