First Eggs :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TahneeMaree

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is probably not all that exciting to a lot of you, But my Central Beardie layed her first ever clutch a few days ago :)
This is also the very first time I have ever seen & touched any reptile egg... (I've seen AHG egg shells before though)

Long story short, I bought a female beardie... after having her only a week I noticed eggs... definately NOT from my male who I thought was too young to breed this year anyways... So I had a whirlwind time setting everything up for her and feeding her heaps as she was kinda thin to begin with! I had NO idea when she was due to lay, but all turned out great in the end.

So it's a first for both my Beardie and I :)
Hoping all goes well!

PC210061.jpg

They are now ontop of some vermiculite, in a tub, in my incubator :)

Thanks HEAPS to everyone that helped and talked me through this!!

good luck chicky ,,,, hope everything goes well

It was so oggie chick as I resexed the other one she was in with and it's a female as well

Iggie must be super lizard then!

:)

I got her on the 2nd... and she layed on monday... 2 weeks is normal?

Doesn't take long from memory chick my eggshapes Used to appear a few days after mating

Possibly 11 little beardies with Iggies attitude... oh dear...
And possibly more clutches to come? I was told they can lay upto 3?

Bit late for three , you'll probably get one more if she is beefed out some more

Congrats Tahnee, all the best with those eggs!

Congrats! Just a little hint though, I would seperate them a little more as they do grow & need space to when ready to hatch.
Also the vermiculite looks to be close to the top. Do you do have a lid on the container within the incubator as otherwise they will dry out.

Good Luck & be sure to show us pics when they are hatched

speak to you later on tonight about your incubation method chick

congratulations tm. hope it all goes well for you, it seems sooo long the first time till they hatch. i know that got to me a bit.

Congrats! Just a little hint though, I would seperate them a little more as they do grow & need space to when ready to hatch.
Also the vermiculite looks to be close to the top. Do you do have a lid on the container within the incubator as otherwise they will dry out.

Good Luck & be sure to show us pics when they are hatched

that is not the tub they're getting incubated in
that pic is of when I first got them out of the lay box..

Hey guys, here's an update, all seems to be going well but I'm a little unsure about the middle one on the far right, it seems smaller and doesn't look like the others...

PC310023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back