So, Whats your Claim to Fame?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol My doctor is Mark Occhilupos sister
My dad use to get high with Richard Clapton
use to hang out with Peter Tindalls daughter when i was like 5
Met Trevor from big brother once
met Mal Meninga at work
and for anyone on here that may by chance know their psytrance music
Friends with the owners of record lables UpRecords, DemonTea, Sundance
which lead me to meet some of the worlds top psytrance artists.. Raz, Talpa, ConfigSystem, Mentalblank, and im ashamed to say.. Infected mushroom....

yay for C grade celebs:lol::lol:

i also went to simon days 21st bday party(lead singer for eighties band-ratcat) am also good friends with ray from the hard ons (now playing with another mate,doing pop songs in a different band). and i once got daryl hannah's (movie splash)autograph when i use to work at australias wonderland on the river rampage...

my mum is an actress so through her have met many celebs. the most notable ones being Steve Martin, Bryan Brown (and Rachel Ward) & Sam Neill. Any older members may have seen my mum in Australia You're Standing In It. She was also in a tv series called Home, in which i was her baby (lol), she has also been in Neighbours, Country Practice, Mercury (ABC with Geoffrey Rush), does stand up, and other stage productions both on her own or with MTC etc.
My dad is a muso, and both 'rents know the guys from Skyhooks etc. Dad played support for Royal Crown Revue once, and is now a respected friend of Eddie and the boys (I have met them too) (oh, and my dad was in Soapbox circus which merged into Circus Oz)
Off my own bat, I have met Ben Lee at a gig in Canada, one of the guys from Body Count (LOL!), Shane Woewodin just after he won the Brownlow -he was browsing CDs in Target. Oh and last week, i saw Sophie Monk eating lunch in Southbank.
So if it wasnt for my parents... i wouldnt have many claims to fame.....

I had Jamie Dunn try and do a radio prank on me ...but the tables turned(I have that knack) and in the end his co -workers were laughing at him, not with him ...;) (if you dont recognise the name ..he used to do AGRO the puppet) ..the radio prank was played on air several times a week for a month ... :)

Hmm ive got nothing exciting..
Im related to Bec Cartright..not sure i should be admitting it though lol

Been on Rove once..no good celebs that day tho :(

My mum went to school with Portia de rossi, she beats me lol

Oh...I nearly forgot this one....I was commissioned to paint a mural on a wall in Molly Meldrums house :p ...........my brush with fame is beating me down with a stick :lol:

That reminds me, i went to school with Karl Amitsbold (spelling?) fom Kiss chasey. but he was i think a year below me.

I'm the brother-in-law to Jason Dundas (Cleo bachelor of the year and one of the hosts of Getaway).woohoo
oh ,and my Great,great,great grandfather made Pimms lequeur.

Last edited:
Ok better come clean

Have played support for The Angels, Rose Tattoo, The Hard Ons, Meanies (Link is a mate), Dasiycutters, Black Stars(mates of mine), The Gurge, toured with Magic Dirt (won a support band comp), supported Shihad, The Veronicas, played with Celibate Rifles, Tumbleweed, Rollerball, SFK, Silverchair, Operator Please (friends with Amandah), also Lime Spiders (our current guitarist used to play in Lime Spiders), have Mike Patton's number in my mobes and Bar McKinnon's in my phone (been mates for a while since opening for Mr Bungle in late 90's) and have interviewed Chopper Reid for my radio show- have met waaaaay too many muso's to list and I am awesome and extremely uncomfortable being asked to sign something or when people say "hey thats the guy from ..".blah blah..

Last edited:
My second cousin is Brett Ratten the coach of Carlton footbal club go the BOMBERS, I used to run the media box at optus oval so have meet the likes of rex hunt, sam newman, eddie maguire anthony hudson etc. ran the skybox for the melb F1 meet megan gale gary sweet pete phelps etc.
and my mum used to be on triple M regularly and in the papers so had me ugly mug in them often.

Oh....I almost forgot

You all know that song "Evie' right...
"Evie, Evie, Evie, let your hair hang down...."

Stevie Wright wrote that about my lovely Aunt Evelyn.

Woohoo.

OK i only have 3

1. I've done a boot camp with Manuela Berchtold, who competed in the 2002 and 06 winter olympic moguls.
2. I go 2 the same school that AJ Bear (an olympic super-G skier) went 2 i think..
3. I'm friends with Nicole Parks' brother (she is a crazy mogul skier. She came 1st in the Swiss/Italian cup in Switzerland) and go 2 the same school as her.

Will

Last edited:
Haha i just remembered, i lived next to Angry Anderson when i lived on Sydney North Shore, he used to wave to me every morning when i was walking to school..was awkward =/

Girdy is related to John Holmes; well he was last time he looked.

also forgot. used to ride mini bikes with Glen Seton as kids, our dads were friends. met Greg Murphy and was taking for hot laps around winton race track when he was driving for k-mart racing, was the best.

Mates/neighbours with one of the members of Australia's biggest metal export bands Sadistik exukution.

umm not alot for me...Grandparents live next door to some st kilda footy player...
go to the same school as cadel evans went to...
Am related to most of the people in Maffra (Gippsland)
yeah, think that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back