So, Whats your Claim to Fame?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Bongie and Moosie

No not Rixhard, although he has been to aa couple of shows-

Current guitarist is Mark Wilkinson- one of the later guitarists who also played in The Girlies- whose drummer now plays with us.

That reminds me- I gotta update our myspace with Wilko's pic !

The last time we played with hard Ons was in Sydney late last year for a festival called CRUELTY FREE Living Festival. It was at Belmore Park across from Central Station- around 5000 hippies rocking out and eating vegan hamburgers.

Blackie played a solo acoustic gig there too- was hosted by Lindsay from Frenzal Rhomb/ JJJ .

@ Chickenlover- what gig ? What Show ? WHO ARE YOU CHICKEN MAN ??!

Also went to Australia's first sports high school in NSW on a Rugby League scholarship- Harry Kewell was in my year, lots of league players included Mick Buettner, Liam Fulton, Jarryd Hayne, Luke O Donnell, Micheal Clarke, Leon Bott, Mark Minichello.

I bet they are all SO proud i swapped the NSW Schoolboys Jersey for a Gibson Les Paul.

Ohh! i was at Westfield in Miranda, NSW once and The Chasers War on everything guys where there.... doing book signings...so i went and bought a Bulldogs Towel and got them to sign it 8].(I dont support the bulldogs,btw) and once... i was on Sunrise, out the back!!! woohoo.

i dont really know anyone famous. this banned called skybombers came to my school in like grade 9 and me and my best mate ending up wagging to chill with them LOL. sound so lame. and umm.. my grandma went to thge olympics for badminton back in the day. and my pop is an airforce airplane builder by trade, i just think thats plane cool. get it, plane haha. :(im sorry

hah Skybombers have played with us- from Melbs currently in Sydney- Sam is a bud...you naughty girls.

I once pinched a buiscuit from Alan Border when he wasnt looking. It was an arnotts orange cream. mmmmm

I got my very young head into the Hobart rag (forgot name - herald, mercury?? with Peter Brock after he won Simmonds Plains back in the '70's. Think i even had a Partridge family esk shirt on and brown cords - yeah baby

I just remembered.....back in '93 I had my picture taken with the actor that plays Tony Stamp on The Bill...he put his arm around me and I went to jelly.... :) Actually I think I gave Dipcidame one of the photos I have of me with him, so she can confirm it. :)

steve mostyn is good mate of mine, based in the US now,plays bass for Alicia Keys and i grew up with carl dimataga who is the main session guitarist for almost all of the morning shows on telly, he's done session work for janet jackson,human nature, he's guy sebastians main guitarist, he's also now producing the current idol winners new album and produced that irish singer that won idol a few years ago. check him out on youtube,pretty big...almost family

how about some pics for proof? I met maynard james keenan from tool but it wasnt in an interesting had a few drinks and hung out with him kind of way, it was at a cd signing thing. I met tony hawk back in the day, same deal. I know people who know celebs but as for me and my immediategroup of friends and family, getting famous will have to be left up to me hahaha

I wasnt going to mention this as I dont want my ANGELIC IMAGE tarnished
when I was a teen ,at a sunnyboys concert ..I vomited on the stage while they were playing ...very drunk and very off my tree ...and very in trouble...;)
(does anyone here remember the sunnyboys even?)

Last edited:
Jammed with Mark Lazotte? (Diesel) once & I knew his brother (Mike) as he owned the local music store.

when I was a teen ,at a sunnyboys concert ..I vomited on the stage while they were playing ...very drunk and very off my tree ...and very in trouble...;)

nope. the Sunnywho ?

looks like that post is going to remain "..aloooone with you toniiii---iiiiiight. !!;)

garycahill
user_offline.gif

RBB VooDoo dolls.......... HA HA HA loving that ;)
and yeah WEEZER I was atleast HOPING someone would remember them now ...that claim to fame was bought up many a time when using the HOW NOT TO USE DRUGS OR ALCOHOL in topics at the dinner table and the fact I was a coppers kid ,and it happened at a BLUE LIGHT disco ...was pretty famous for a few months afterwards ...and my mum used it many a time too ..you know the 'shame bought to the family speech ' ,,,,,,, :)

I think it is fitting to tell my tale from years ago.

NYE 98-99 I was working in the Police Force in Sydney. I was down at The Rocks on that night. At 12am, a stunning girl came up to wish me happy new year. I proceeded to kiss her and also had my hand up her very short skirt and it was resting on her rear. Unbeknown to either of us, a reporter for The Telegraph took a photo and we were both on the front page the next day.
After 2 months of restricted station duties and getting my bum kicked from Sydney to Melbourne and back, all was good.
A lot of people to this day still say they remember the photo.

Yeah first time i saw them was at the San Miguel (?) was totally packed, thought the girl behind me was hitting on me but found out :oops: later she was only wiping her sweat off on my shirt :lol:

Yeah first time i saw them was at the San Miguel (?) was totally packed, thought the girl behind me was hitting on me but found out :oops: later she was only wiping her sweat off on my shirt :lol:
Bahhhhhh haha :lol::lol: excellent ....

Dont ya just hate photo's that can re surface now ;)........dadaman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back