Don't you love it when....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tempest

Reaction score
You're other half, who's scared of snakes has a few drinks, gets some dutch courage and actually asks you if he can handle them? :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1843med.jpg
    IMG_1843med.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 261
lol thats awesome.

my partner didnt talk to me for a week when i got my first python, now i never get a chance to do anything with them as she always feeds them and handles them!! its uncanney one minute a complete snake hater the next she owns 1 of her own

Haha my mum and her boyfriend do exactly the same thing. I think i've finally convinced them (after many a drunk night) to actually like reptiles :D

Nice woma by the way :)

so thats the trick, get them drunk and then nag them to handle them. its genious, good photo :)

My mum "WAS" so scared of snakes a few months ago she would look at a pic of one and get scared. After a whole lota rum and colas at the scales and tails birthday she decided that she would hold jonnos olive python lol. Now she will hold my little spotteds as long as i hold the head (or the "BITEY end as she calls it):lol:

The trick is to have a hard rule:

NEVER HANDLE ANY SNAKE WHILE INTOXICATED.

Anything else is stupidity and asking for damage to snakes and humans.

so thats the trick, get them drunk and then nag them to handle them. its genious, good photo :)
Nah, i wouldnt make a habit of it.
After a few quiet drinks with the other half, in your own home is ok.
Getting mental pics of snakes being passed around to
intoxicated scared people with your post Chris, :)

Always a flamer....... Nice Woma and good to here :)
Good to where?

Offering common sense herpetological advice is a little different from flaming. But I am sometimes prepared to offer samples of the latter should it be encouraged. If you need alcohol to achieve a task then it is not a task you should be undertaking. That's a fairly basic premise. The best way to avoid accidents with reptiles is to adhere to sensibility even when you're drunk. You can read about it in any book on how to properly keep reptiles.

Totally agree. Had to disappoint some mates on NYE who, after having many beers, wanted the snakes out. Killjoy Tonksy said no.
I had images of the snakes having a strike, & people not used to handling them dropping them or pulling away if bitten etc. Not worth it, they can hold them another time when we're a bit more sensible (read "sober"), they were cool with that.

On the flip side, it's good to see someone overcome their uneasiness with handling a reptile, & as said before, great looking woma!

:)
Good to where?

Offering common sense herpetological advice is a little different from flaming. But I am sometimes prepared to offer samples of the latter should it be encouraged. If you need alcohol to achieve a task then it is not a task you should be undertaking. That's a fairly basic premise. The best way to avoid accidents with reptiles is to adhere to sensibility even when you're drunk. You can read about it in any book on how to properly keep reptiles.
I agree with you :):):):):)

definitely agree with you serpentes

My man would never go near my hatchy - HATCHY mind you - maccies, sees an olive at the zoo and is all over it, now wants an Olive python, and a bobby, and some geckos, and a beardy.....

Yay, a convert :)

if drunk people want to handle my snakes i make then sit down and they get Loki who doesnt bite, just for a few pix, not to drag around all night.

i stopped doing that when a friend of my bf's was holding him, stumbled and almost fell.
that was the last time i was exposed my snakes to drunk people. (ie. danger)

So are dogs, cats, birds and other pets out of bounds if have had a few drinks. Or just pet reptiles.

While I don't disagree about not having pets around intoxicated people (reptiles and dog are always out of bounds during parties) and there has been some good advice thrown around, knowing this beautiful couple as I do and having had the chance to see for myself all the love time and proper care that is given to all her animals, there have been a lot of assumptions made in this thread....................

This is a case where a partner has had a couple of brewsky's and then while somewhat more relaxed has requested the chance to try and connect with the animals that his girl loves so much but has never really been comfortable with himself. I'm fortunate enough to have a partner who is equally as in love with reptiles as myself so have not had to endure this battle, but many fellow herpers I know are not this lucky.

Maybe in future make your comments and advice, but make them more general and constructive, especially if you are not aware of the actual circumstances?

Thanks MisLis :)

To all who have said what they have regarding snakes and intoxicated people, I do agree. If it had been anyone other than my fiance the snakes would have stayed safely locked in their enclosures!

The story here is that he has had a long time fear of snakes and in recent times has asked me (whilst sober) to take the snakes out so he can observe them moving around him which has slowly progressed in to him holding the tail end whilst I hold their front half to keep their head away from him.

At the time of the photo he had had a few beers. He was not intoxicated just relaxed and there was no me egging him on to "go on, have a hold". In fact, he took me by surprise with the out of the blue request. As you will notice he was sitting down, not standing, and I was always within an arms distance should I need to take the snake if he began to freak out. I also made sure it was my womas that he handled as they are the most relaxed of my snakes.

Again, I appreciate your concern but I would not put any of my snakes at risk just for the sake of someone wanting to have a hold because they'd been drinking. I didn't feel the need to elaborate when I posted last night, nor did I think it was necessary at the time, it was just a quick thread because I was happy my man had taken further steps to overcome his fears.

You shouldn't have to justify your post tempest just because ppl on here like to make mountains out of mole hills.most of us know what you mean,it's just some ppl like to think thier superior.good on your other half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if drunk people want to handle my snakes i make then sit down and they get Loki who doesnt bite, (ie. danger)

All snakes will bite at one time or another. I have had a male stimmie since he was a hatchling (5.5 years old now) and thought he would never bite, until a month ago when I took him out of his enclosure and he bit me twice. They will ALL bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back