Incubating others eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a clutch of carpets at the moment (15 eggs in total) & if they hatch i will be getting two of the hatchies.which i think is fair.

i offered to cook someones eggs this season for a hatchie. i think that was fair. also in the case of a breeding loan i think 50/50 is fair, cause without eachothers snake theres no hatchies

I've done it for nothing and have had it done for nothing...actually, Troy is incubating a clutch for me right now. If you're reading this Troy, you're welcome to as many of the babies as you like for the favour :)

Cheers

well i guess being reponsible of the incubation,

No one is responsable really, if something happens well thats life... we all try our best for a perfect outcome but that doesn't always happen... sure if they are super rare or expensive reptiles it can put you on edge, I have looked after a friends eggs that at the time were super expensive, and caused me to have dreams about them going wrong, yet I of course asked for nothing from it, just that they would not be upset if something did.... I personally don't like to have people thinking I owe them favours thus try to help everyone I can... just makes me sleep better at night.

I have someones eggs in my incubator because their incubator has eggs that require a different temp range. I didn't ask anything for it - but that's family, I guess if it was some random person then something could be worked out. No big deal for me.

What if the person thats incubating the eggs , losses all the eggs?

I think that should be discussed at the time of incubation.
We always keep the proof of what has hatched and what hasn't , so that there can not be any issues.
I have heard of people incubating peoples eggs, telling them that they all went bad , then selling the same species down the track.
We recently incubated gecko eggs for a friend and didn't want anything for them.

I always thought it was thirds, 1/3rd to the owner of the female, 1/3rd to the owner of the male, and a third to the person who incubates. But these things should always be well sorted on paper at the start, to save issues later.

I've incubated others from nothing to a slab of beer.
I have been given a hatchling on top of the slab, but that wasn't the agreement.
Power costs next to nothing, checking takes a minute out of your time.
Not really that much of an issue as long as they are picked up as soon as they have left their shells.

I wrote a reply to this post last night when the internet dropped out and I couldn't repost. (Grrr!) I was lucky enough for some good friends of mine to incubate a clutch of eight woma eggs for me a couple of months ago. I was unprepared (yes, rather stupidly), as I didn't sight any mating whilst they were together and I thought that it had all been unsuccessful. Anyway, I would have been more than happy to either pay them cash for their trouble or give them part of the clutch, whatever they deemed appropriate for their kindness. When they took my eggs they said they didn't want any form of payment, which I was appreciative of, however, I also don't like being a freeloader and so when I picked up the hatchy I gave them a nice bottle of wine for their help. I think that it's unfair to expect something for nothing, even if nothing is wanted in return. That said, I also think that if someone is incubating eggs for a mate and would like some form of reimbursement that it should be settled upon at the time of the eggs being taken/delivered for incubation.

Surely it depends on what you're breeding and what you each think is fair.

If someone asked me to incubate a few clutches of albino Olive Python eggs I'd be happy with one baby (which I could sell for enough to more than compensate for my efforts).

If someone asked me to incubate Bearded Dragon eggs I'd do it as a favour for a friend, but otherwise I would not be all that keen even if I could have the whole lot (I'd just give them away as soon as they hatched if they were my own).

If they were albino Water Pythons I would beg to be able to do it, even if my only reward was to be able to actually see them hatching.

i would say for every 5 eggs in the incubator you should ask for 1 like if there was 10 you would get 2 of your choice... im actualy looking for a mate whos got a male for my female what should i offer him for that?

The eggs that i have been incubating for someone have just started hatching this morning. :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back