Save the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmikk

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Please join my newly created Facebook site,
STOP Anna Bligh & Cape Alumina mining the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve

The QLD Govt recently ignored Terri Irwin's 250,000 signature petition against Cape Alumina mining this pristine part of tropical Australia. Instead said it would rely on an Environmental Inpact Study being undertaken by none other that Cape Alumina itself as to whether mining rights would be granted over 12,300 Ha of the 135,000 Ha reserve.

Cape Alumina, if given permission, will mine 50 000 000 tonnes of bauxite from this area over ten years if given permission.

Cape Alumina Pty Ltd is 17.5% Chinese owned and there are no prizes for guessing that if this goes ahead Australia will not only have this pristine environment destroyed but will be buying aluminium back from China for the next ten years.

This is a lose-lose situation.

We can give the QLD Government a voice they can't ignore. Please join now.

STOP Anna Bligh & Cape Alumina mining the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve | Facebook

Thank You

Iv joined the cause, hopefully this group can achieve what 250,000 signatures did not
Also sent invites to all my friends

Last edited:
My goal is to amass well over 250,000 fans to this Facebook site.

Even if I don't I will give it my very very best.

I, personally, am not willing to sit by and watch this happen and for Cape Alumina to come up with the same excuses BHP did in 1999 when it destroyed pristine wilderness environment in PNG due to the Ok Tedi disaster.

Iv joined the cause, but i have a question, what will this page do that 250000 signatures did not?

i just joined and sent out 50 invites for others to join ....

:evil: that anoys me, i would go and tie my self to the gate LOL so they dont do it. i joined the group. i dont want to see this happen either

I joined and sent out about 50 invites aswell. lets hope they don't mine, but I don't like the chances of stopping it happening.

OMG that's horrible. I have joined the group. Thanks for making us aware.

she has found something else to destroy has she?.... first the RBH, then the toll roads, now this... QLD is running out of things of beauty and value with her in power. Also noticed our rates didn't drop when water recently became a seperate bill when she sold the water system to private companies, garbage collectors must be getting paid a fortune now, oh hang on... no Brisbane rates her private slush fund. I forgot... where's my invite??? someone, quick...

Last edited:
good one!!

I was hoping Anna might retract her head on this one - esp after burning $600M on the Traveston Debarchle oh and the WCRWP which will never be used for its intended purpose...

I joined and i suggested it 2 all my friends coz i couldn't find the invite thingy, hope they dont get the permission 2 mine there, thanks 4 making us aware of this :). Me wonders how steve irwin would react to this if he were still with us.

Will

Thank you everyone for your support, keep in mind I only started this group this afternoon, if this is anything to go by, we will have more than enough support that the QLD Government just can't ignore.

No Problem, thank you, the Facebook group is called:

STOP Anna Bligh & Cape Alumina mining the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve

It can be found searching Facebook using that title, or 'Steve Irwin', or 'Anna Bligh'

Thank you

I joined and i suggested it 2 all my friends coz i couldn't find the invite thingy, hope they dont get the permission 2 mine there, thanks 4 making us aware of this :)

Will

Stupid QLD government!!
Don’t give a **** about the environment, they only care how much money they will get from allowing this...
Someone needs to knock some sense into the government these days, its not all about money!!!!

wiz-fiz, I reckon he would be tempted to throw a big *** croc at her... the sellout queen of a woman would probably have a new purse made out of it for herself though

120 invites sent..this is bull that they can go through with it. and the fact that they are letting th company do the environmental assessment is a load of crap.

yeah i agree its bull that there letting the company do the assesment, they should get sum1 that actually cares.
ohh and may i add on a side note, this is y NSW is WAY better the QLD.

Will

The fact is Anna Bligh & Stephen Robertson (Minister for Natural Resources) ignored the 250 000 signature petiton given to them by Terri Irwin and have publically stated they are awaiting the findings of an Environmental Impact Study (EIS).

That EIS is being undertaken by Cape Alumina! So I doubt it will show any adverse environmental concerns regarding their proposed 12 500 Ha strip mine.

Cape Alumina intend to have that EIS to the QLD State Government mid-way through 2010, this year. We need in excess of 250 000 fans on this Facebook page before then.

Thank you to everyone for your efforts so far.

y dont they make it a private country, its private land so they can do thart can't they?

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back