Don't you love it when....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, question...

Hasn't there been a death where someone was "intoxicated" and took his scrubby out to "play" with him...?

Happened a couple of years ago I think... Can't remember the bloke's name, but he had a huge enclosure for his huge python, was terribly drunk, went to feed the snake, and the snake constricted him... He was found a couple of days later in front of the enclosure, dead. Does this ring any bells for anyone?

Tempest, no-one has the right to tell you what you should and shouldn't do in the privacy of your own home. You seem like a sensible lady, so one could assume you did what you did under controlled conditions anyway.

Best,
Carolyn

Tempest, no-one has the right to tell you what you should and shouldn't do in the privacy of your own home. You seem like a sensible lady, so one could assume you did what you did under controlled conditions anyway.

Best,
Carolyn

I'll agree with that....

All snakes will bite at one time or another. I have had a male stimmie since he was a hatchling (5.5 years old now) and thought he would never bite, until a month ago when I took him out of his enclosure and he bit me twice. They will ALL bite.

yeah, they get that warning as well, but hes the one im most confident wont.

drunk adults getting bitten doesnt bother me as much as Loki getting bumped, fallen on or stepped on, my main concern is for the welfare on my critters.

Tempest, i saw my bf patting my diamond who was out cruising around the stairs/railings last night, its the first time hes ever touched her and i was absolutely stoked!!! (since i copped a few bites hed been staying well out of her reach, lol,...)
he came downstairs and said the snakes were really growing on him, hes always loved the beardies but never had much time for the snakes.
i wonder if hes still gonna throw a tanty when my new diamond comes ,... :p

Lizard Lady - Thank you, and I do remember the incident you are talking about, from my (rather hazy) memory, I think he worked in SA at the place they get venoms from in the Riverland (again, I can't remember the name of the place at the moment.

Thank you too Londos1990 :)

Chris1, sounds great about your bf touching your diamond! Here's hoping he doesn't have that tanty when your diamond arrives!

lol thats awesome.

my partner didnt talk to me for a week when i got my first python, now i never get a chance to do anything with them as she always feeds them and handles them!! its uncanney one minute a complete snake hater the next she owns 1 of her own

owns 3 of her own. and wants more. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back