Woma Hatchies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perko

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Woma hatchie's in 08, fed the crap out of them, froze them over winter, now i have five of these little worms.
First pic is of mum at 9 months. I will get some better pics once they shed.

Attachments

• 101_0732.jpg
    101_0732.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 169
  • SAM_0324.jpg
    SAM_0324.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 160
  • SAM_0328.jpg
    SAM_0328.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 146
congrats on the lil ones :), how old were mum and dad when they mated ?

They were around 17 months old.

what was there length when you cooled them? or there length now?

I don't think length really matters much, I'd be insterested in their weights though. Good work, the mum is a nice animals, nice thick bands.

So the parents were around 17 months when they bred...Any idea on weight of the female before mating...Nice little Womas..defiantly will be getting a pair soon.......MARK

The mum is really nice, pretty colour and nice lines. I get mine in 3 days. Sooo bloody excited.

So the parents were around 17 months when they bred...Any idea on weight of the female before mating...Nice little Womas..defiantly will be getting a pair soon.......MARK

I didnt weigh her, but at a guess close to 2kg.

How much were you feeding them? I've heard this is no good for the snake is it true? Have you done this with other species? Congrats she looks awesome

congrats on the hatchies but at the same time breeding at 17 months is abit early imho now i aint having a go or anything its simply my opinion but i have a feeling you may have pushed them abit fast

did she have 5 eggs or is the 5 womas including the parents?

She had 7 eggs, two went belly up at about 20 days.

Snakecharma, i didnt force them to do it !!!!

i didnt say you forced them to breed mate i was simply saying that i feel they have been force fed abit too quickly, i have heard of snakes breeding at 2yo but @ 17mths come on im sorry imo thats just too quick to be healthy

No probs snakecharma.
I have never bred womas before, but i knew they would breed this early if fed enough, so i had a crack at it.

congratulations craig :D great stuff.. the female is nicely banded.
I've commonly heard of womas breeding at 18 months old

congratulations craig :D great stuff.. the female is nicely banded.
I've commonly heard of womas breeding at 18 months old

yeah, it's pretty easy to do, I bred two 18 month olds this season.... saying that, I did it out of interests sake and the outcome from both clutches wasn't perfect, unlike the 7 yo that I also bred......

Out of intrest Jason, how much more succesfull was the 7 year old?

9 from 9, no slugs from the aged animal, 1st 18 month old laid 5 plus 2 or 3 slugs, out of that 5 fertile eggs I only got 1 and that 1 is small and runty.. 2nd 18 month old had 4 fertile and 3 or 4 slugs, the last egg was oversized (even for a woma) and needed to be "helped" out, this egg not suprisingly went bad straight away, but it was fertile, which leaves three yet to hatch..... maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back