n00b question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellie

Reaction score
There are probably very few who remember me on here, but to reintroduce myself, I'm Elliott, reptile lover and recent lover of snakes.

To turn a long story short, I've been hitchhiking around the world and saw some of the most amazing animals. I spent a lot of time in Asia living with whoever would welcome me, usually monks. Anyway, in my travels I got to know snakes a lot better and realise just what wonderful animals they are.

So now that I'm back from my travels I can now focus on the important things, working, saving money to study in the US, family, and finally getting my reptiles.

I'd like to get a snake or two but I don't know where to start in the way of caring, so could anyone recommend some books about their care? And any basic advice that anyone could give would be great too XD

I don't know if this helps, but I was thinking of maybe carpets and possibly a diamond or jungle, I'm not sure, they're all wonderful.

keeping and breeding australian pythons is a good start. you can get it from the herp shop, about $50 from memory

didnt you say that you want to study over in the US so you will have to leave any snakes here while you study

I can look after them for you ;) Yep Keeping and breeding australian pythons is a good book has all the info that you will need,

Yeah but it'll cost half my soul to study, live all that kinda stuff, so the plan is about 3 or so years before I go over. So I've got some time =)

He could just want a snake to have for a few years he can easily sell it again people buy and sell snakes like no tomorrow on here :)

Jarden pretty much took the words out of my mouth haha. My younger sister is nuts about reptiles too, and seeing as I'm living at home and she'll probably be about 15 going on 40 when I leave, she'll look after them and anything else I may have.

PS, put an order in for the Mike Swan book Ozzie mentioned. Excited XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back