was just wondering..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach85

Reaction score
About snakes hissing. I checked my 11 month old SWCP yesterday, and was greeted with a hiss, the first time she has unmistakeably hissed at me haha. but my stimmi could be as old as 5 yrs and he's never hissed.. What i wanted to know was do morelia hiss more than antaresia, or does it depend on individual snakes?
The reason my swcp did it was cos she's in preshed, n i hadn't realised :)

some times morelia just hiss i used to have a bredli the would hiss as often as a cat meows. but generally its a warning to let you know you have angered it or hurt it ect. if you want to hear a really impressive his find an aggressive queensland black head.

some times morelia just hiss i used to have a bredli the would hiss as often as a cat meows. but generally its a warning to let you know you have angered it or hurt it ect. if you want to hear a really impressive his find an aggressive queensland black head.

i would agree morelias do hiss more than a kiddies python but them bhp's are the worlds biggest bluffers of the python world.

When snakes are small you don’t tend to hear them so much, my MD is about 4 feet long and he only just started doing it a few months ago. Sometimes he does it when he’s getting frustrated, other times he’ll do it when he gets startled, and other times he’ll just do it coz he feels like it. Monty was trying to squish down the side of his water bowl once and I went to see what the hell he was doing but I obviously scared him and he hissed when he jumped. But then another time I let him out of his tank and as he was crawling along the ground he let out this big long hiss presumably because he just wanted to.

haha cool. i have heard what i thought was a hiss once before, but this time it was unmistakeable. I didnt realise her eyes were milky. n I touched her as she was sitting in her tree with her head hidden. she hissed, i laughed at her n said aww how cute, and she promptly moved off into her hide. :) so i left her to it :)

I know, sometimes it’s cute when they hiss, like Monty with his water bowl I had to laugh at him. But sometimes it scares me for a second when I don’t expect it!

Most of my Morelia hiss when I take them out of their enclosures, my bhp's hiss all the time though and get really carried away at feed time.

My diamond has never hissed (that I am aware of), but then i guess I have only had her since April.
And the only time my BHP has ever hissed was when we left it an extra week between feeds, and that made him grumpy enough to hiss. But for the most part I think he is just too lazy to be bothered.

my diamond is a hissy missy, but has stopped biting. :)

ive never heard any of the bredli hiss, actually i did once, my boy was hissing at something near the back shed and whipped his body into a tight s shape.

never heard the jungles hiss either, but i guess they dont wanna warn me theyre about to bite, lol!! ;)

Snakey, my Murray Darling hisses often. She lets out short ones to let me know if she feels a little restricted in my hands or on my shoulders and wants to go for a 'run' on the floor. She lets out slightly longer ones when annoyed such as being taken out sometimes, or hungry. Other times she lets out very soft short ones when sniffing my face (go figure). I think she's just 'talkative'! And of course there's the long loud "Back off!!" hisses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back