Worming Reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marduk265

Reaction score
Hi guys just after some info on worming reptiles I know everyone says take them to the vet my uncle is a vet and has no idea what reptiles have.

i have been using wormrid dont think it is that great,. being in qld have alot of them asian geckos which I know I have seen them in my snake enclosures and we have lots of wild mice that get around out with our rats and mice and sometimes in our reptile room

Just want to know what others worm thier reptiles and rodents with?? and how often

i swear by vetafarm wormout gel i have been using it for years since a very wise reptile keeper put me onto it.

Its easily applyed by either injecting there food item or simply crop feeding down the throat, i just add it to there food item

cheerz

worm out gel best stuff also covers tape worm, if you are woried that worm rid isnt workign then you need to do a resistence test. becuase wormrid is panacur pluss prazy for tape worms.

On the big snakes...I use Drontal. As we worm our rats and mice..I rarely use it.

If the rats/mice are frozen can they still pass on parasites which in turn require worming?

If so, how often should worming be done ...I have never done it to be honest...can you tell by any symptons...none of my snakes go outdoors (yet)

Be careful dosing animals based on what is written on the net.Take Panacur as an example, it comes in 3 strengths 25, 50 and 100 so dosage rates need to be adjusted accordingly even though it is a relatively safe drug.

As an aside there is no need to routinely worm reptiles.Much better to get a vet to take a look at a sample,after all if it aint broke don't fix it.

Thanks guys, I think I'll try Wormout Gel,

Has any one tried Ivomec? I have heard of this being used for reptiles

Never tried Ivomec myself but i have heard of it being used as a cage/snake spray for mites as well as in their bathing water and as an injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back