Good idea?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

naledge

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This question is mainly to the females on APS.

I've been thinking of what to get my girlfriend for our one year anniversary next month. Then I came up with this idea, just wondering about your opinion on it.

Like most teenagers, we talked to each other on Myspace a lot when we first became friends, so I got the comments we made to each other from when we first started talking until the day before we got together and I've organized them all, one per page. It's about 12,000 words and 225 pages.

I've also found a way to get it printed off and bound professionally as a hardcover book with a full colour dust-jacket, like a real book.

So, do you think she would like it? It'd be a professionally made and bound, decent sized book of all of our conversations in the months before we got together.

I think it could be perceived a little stalkerish.. maybe just get some quotes and put em in a card with a 50 buc myer card.. more romantic lol (and sexy when you act less interested in detail of effort)

My daughter is 19 and I asked her, she said as long as there is nothing embarassing in the conversations, she thought it would be fine.
And if you have been together for a year, she is not going to to be thinking 'stalker' :)

I have one word for you... Jewellery

That book better come with something she can put on :) lol and as for the stalker thing, don't think your gf of 1 year would find anything you do in a weird or stalker-ish way..good luck mate

I have one word for you... Jewellery

That book better come with something she can put on :) lol and as for the stalker thing, don't think your gf of 1 year would find anything you do in a weird or stalker-ish way..good luck mate

I must admit, that did cross my mind also. Jewellery is always a winner! As well as the book I mean :)

yes jewellry is a big winner... not a ring though... maybe some thing like a nice gold bracelet? or a necklace? does she have a watch?? you can get some real nice watches now!

If you decide to get some jewellery (and I agree, maybe not a ring this time) make sure you know whether she wears gold or silver, because that matters to girls.

yeah so true... some girls hate gold and some wont wear silver... also make sure she doesn't have reaction to cheap plated jewelery or you might get caught out... lol. This time of the yr there are some good sales on of last years stock and there is nothing wrong with it so you might pic your self up some thing real nice for a good price

I think its a good idea, its sweet and original and more special because you are going to alot of trouble to put it together, girls like that kinda thing...

Id get her something else aswell though , a nice necklace with a pendant, depending on what she likes..some earrings maybe.

Sheesh, guys, you're so picky! It's up to the individual girl, there are no specific guidelines.

I think the book is a lovely idea. Anyone can buy jewelry, but a gift like that has been thought over, and comes from the heart. If you two are going out, it's hardly going to look 'stalkerish'.

Presented beautifully, this could be a lovely gift that she'll cherish.
It's a really good idea.
:)

Very romantic idea....and will give her something to burn if you ever break up...lol...joking on that one....great idea she will love it

i think that its a very thoughtful idea, and through the rough times, she can always flick through the book and reminiss the very words that got u guys together in the first place, goodluck

I agree the thought is awsome good on you!!!!! 8) personally at that stage of my relationship i would fall over in shock that my man had put so much thought and effort in (lol even after 5 years i'd do the same). I think your on a winner mate and I'd prob give the jewellery a miss and take her to romantic dinner and present her gift with a single red rose signifying how much she means to you. Good luck with it champ.

Girls love that kind of nostalgic stuff wether it is a gift for a girlfriend, friend or family member. I gave my bestie a rock for Christmas one year and it went down a treat cause it had a whole heap of nostalgia feel about it.

I think ur on a winner.

You know, Naledge, that nothing short of a video of the whole anniversary thing is going to satisfy us all now, don't you?

I think it's a great idea! Very thoughtful!

And I think I may need to point my partner in the direction of this thread.. he needs some help with gift ideas ;)

I think it's a great idea! Very thoughtful!

And I think I may need to point my partner in the direction of this thread.. he needs some help with gift ideas ;)

Does he even buy you gifts?? :shock: :)

Ok, I just had my 2 16yr old daughters read your post. One was nearly in tears "oh how sweet is he!! That's perfect" ...the other just nodded her head and looked a little dreamy.
Score 1 for you.
My thought would be, if your finances can cope, to give her the book and also something like a Pandora bracelet (or similar). That way you can add to it for birthdays, Christmas, Valentines day etc etc to build on your memories.
She's a lucky girl.

Have to add....just showed the 1st daughter your pic and she said "awww he's cute AND nice"

Score 2 for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back