Which Thermostat?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy_Snake08

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

In light of incubating and some lots of questions pertaining to incubators themselves, for myself and others, what type of thermostats do people use with their setups. Dimming, pulse proportional or switching (all on Herptrader).

I could assume many use heatcords, but lets assume alternative heating sources as well...

Thanks,
Settle

I've only set up a small incubator so can only comment about small incubation (bar fridge size). For incubation you're looking for a thermostat to maintain the most stable temperature possible. I have found that the cheap probe switch thermostats have a temperature variation of 5-6 degrees which is too much for incubation. The Switching Habistat unit has a much smaller range of 1-2 degrees and I know through using the dimming habistat that it's even more stable than the switching version. The dimming unit is therefore the best but the switch is stable enough for small incubators.

interesting that URS's heat gear is more expensive on their website than in the local usually over priced petshop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back