Dog owners be Warned

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about your dogs, I hope she heals well. I know that stray / feral dogs are shot on sight on properties that I visit, just because of that very reason, and strays unfortunately go feral real quick.:(

i had a similar thing happen me poggle i shot two rotys that had nocked off three heffiers in one night a couple of years ago. it was just to bad the dogs wherent microchipped other wise we could have sued.

sorry to hear about ya dog i know the time, effort and love that goes into a working dog.

hope all is good now.
cheers D

yeah she is on the heal.. bit groggy still form the surgery but back home with us... spoilt getting fed chicken coz she dont feel like her normal feed lol...but fingers crossed she will make a full recovery.

My fingers and toes are crossed for you !!
Beautiful dog.
Lucky you guys were home.
Love to catch up to his / hers owners.
Was it microchipped ??

My fingers and toes are crossed for you !!
Beautiful dog.
Lucky you guys were home.
Love to catch up to his / hers owners.
Was it microchipped ??

nah it wasnt, lucky for ex owners.

that's a really disheartening thing to have happen to you especially when you can't find the owner responsible. something like that happening to my own dogs is my worst fear. i live in the city so i don't have real dogs just hair on legs, they would last all of 30 secs if a proper dog took to them. lucky you were their to protect your dogs and sad to say lucky that the dog was taken down before he could come back a third time.

Sorry to hear about your dogs.

I'd just like to point out that it is easy to lay the blame on irresponsible doggers but a just as likely scenario is that this dog has escaped from a property around your area. Keep an opened mind, there are thousands more irresponsible dog owners than there are irresponsible doggers.

That is a terrible thing to happen, that poor girl! She looks so sorry for herself in those pics by the couch! Hope you find the owners soon, whether the dog escaped from a chase, or another property, it should never have happened.

Just curious........... whats the ratio of regular dog owners to the ratio of pig dog (or whatever you call them) owners? Figure that out, and it will be clear just who are the more irresponsible.

are microchips visible?
maybe a vet with a scanner could find it,....i thought they all had to be chipped by law,...

teh irresponsible owner should be paying fro all the damage his bloody vicious dog caused....fingers crossed someone will advertise for a lost dog and i can get em that way.

hope ur little ones ok, what a crap thing to happen. :(

that sucks the big one, i have 2 pit bulls & it really p*sses me off to hear about other owners, who dont look after their animals. My 2 are big sooks, but I am aware of the potential to do alot of damage if they chose to. I have always gone out of my way to make sure they are not causing trouble & cant get themselves into trouble. Whenever we arent home they are locked up. Whenever we are home, we always make sure we know where they are. I live on a farm, we have stock & a huntaway bitch (working dog), they all get along famously. But they still have their natural instincts. They dont chase sheep, but that is only because we were diligent in making sure they knew it would not be tolerated. Last year we were forced to dispose of 2 wandering pit bulls, that got into stock & killed more than 10 sheep, they were caught in the act & they were actually pretty friendly dogs, had no trouble catching them, but this all came about because some idiot, couldnt be bothered to make sure they were secure in their backyard. It just makes me angry, that people dont look after their animals. As much as it would kill me, I know that if my dogs were up to no good, they would probably end up shot & I accept that consequence. But I do everything in my power to make sure they dont get into that situation.

I feel sorry for your dogs that were on the receiving end of someone elses lack of responsibility & respect for others. That person doesnt deserve to own dogs, let alone powerful ones like Pit bulls.

Hope your dogs (and yourself) make a full recovery. I have a friend whose dog was attacked (and very nearly killed), and my neighbours son bitten (different dogs). Both these dogs were promised by the owners to be destroyed. Guess what? Never happened. But the minute those dogs are seen to venture off their properties it will be a different story. And yes, there are some very irresponsible pig doggers out there, but also very thoughtful ones. A friend of ours has his dogs chipped, and he's bought radio tracking collars so he always knows where they are. They're trained to only kill on the hunt, not attack a farmers livestock etc etc. Unfortunatley theres not many out there like that. Thoughts are with you and your family and I hope you find the dog owner very soon.

Hey poggle just a way out there suggestion , but id be putting a found ad in the local papper and see if the owner comes forward then.Then hand him the carcass and your vet bill

hows your collie doing? and your leg? hope all is healing well :)

just remember not to get too screwed up about these sorts of things, best not to let it fester (unless you find the owner responsible in which case i'll be there to help beat the *********)

hugs to your collie :)

Hope your dogs (and yourself) make a full recovery. I have a friend whose dog was attacked (and very nearly killed), and my neighbours son bitten (different dogs). Both these dogs were promised by the owners to be destroyed. Guess what? Never happened. But the minute those dogs are seen to venture off their properties it will be a different story. And yes, there are some very irresponsible pig doggers out there, but also very thoughtful ones. A friend of ours has his dogs chipped, and he's bought radio tracking collars so he always knows where they are. They're trained to only kill on the hunt, not attack a farmers livestock etc etc. Unfortunatley theres not many out there like that. Thoughts are with you and your family and I hope you find the dog owner very soon.

You would actually be surprised at how many people "stockproof" thier dogs and fit radio tracking collars to their dogs. In this case i dont think the dog is to blame for it, but the irresponsable owner is.

I support pig hunting with dogs as its very effective and can be done responsibly, its just the responsibility is often missing. As mentioned its quite possible to keep control of you dogs if you could be bothered. Personally i would have shot it at the first chance. As said above if you dont keep your animals on your property or under control you should expect them to get killed, although i doubt those sort of owners would care.

A portion of pig hunters coundnt care less about their dogs or anything they might kill, it gives them all a bad name which is unfortunate.

Also its actually illegal to hunt with dogs in Qld under the animal care and protection act. just like feeding live kittens to snakes or live shrimp to turtles.

sorry to hear poggle hope shes better soon
but this Pitt what happened to it do you know?
sounds cruel but hope it is destroyed before it hurts anyone else's aswell

How do you know it was a hunting dog?
Most hunters i know go along way to ensure that there dogs will neva even look at stock like that.
And our dogs mean too much to leave out somewhere, Most people these days do run trackers on there dogs.
I would never dream of heading home knowing that one of my dogs was out bush somewhere.
It is a verry sad and upsetting thing that happened to your dog and the animal responsible should have been dealt with and so should there owner!!! if they are a pig hunter then Even more so 4 giving the responsible ones a bad name.

hows your collie doing? and your leg? hope all is healing well :)

just remember not to get too screwed up about these sorts of things, best not to let it fester (unless you find the owner responsible in which case i'll be there to help beat the *********)

hugs to your collie :)

Yeah leg is good tanks shoo, collie is healing well, took her back in yesterday to get the wound cleaned and checked for any signs of serious infection, all looks good at the moment which is great. in 10 days time we will be right to remove the stitches if all is going well and she will be back in work soon after that, i think she recovering real well coz my partner works at the vets and knows everything to do to make a speedy recovery which is so handy!

And brigsy your right i cant 100% say it was a "hunting" dog, but to me looked like a pig dog breed. And you right there are a lot of responsible hunters, but unfortunately in the area where i live there are heaps of amatures, whom purchase a pig dog and do not learn to control or protect that dog. My partner has so many dogs come through the vet clinic which people have picked up on the side of the ride torn by tusks and in some cases people will either a) just shoot it to save a vet bill as it is cheaper for some to just get another dog (if they are not serious about it) b)just leave it to hopefully die, and in this area that is the case a lot and thats why there are so many wild dogs the size of pigs dogs, just roaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back