Dog owners be Warned

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey baz, the area where i live they have a massive baiting program due tothe amount of wild dogs, each yr they lay some thing like 10 000 baits and i believe most of them are taken. i dont lay any baits on or near my properties for the saftey of my own dogs, and with out offending anyone yes i have hunted and taken down wild dogs, mainly during calving and lambing season, you get so sick and tired of picking up the pieces. But on saying that i will not shoot what i believe to be a pure dingo, they can walk through my property ifthey dont touch any thing, and i will not shoot a dog unless it is on my property and has shown the intention of touching my animals.

I have been hunting Dingo/wild dogs for many years now and 90% of the dogs that i shoot are x bred.
And some of them are bigger than my hunting dogs.
Ther defanitely a few people out there that only own hunting dogs to inflate there ego and therefore tarnishing the rest. My dogs dont get let anywhere near a pig untill they know right from wrong. one place i hunt has a piggery and my dogs dont even look at the domestic pigs but catch any boars that come in looking 4 some good times.
Hope your dog is ok . Any luck trackin down the owner?

Aww poor baby, hope she recovers.

And I hope you find that irresponsible person who owned the attacker.

poor collie i hope she recovers quick. My male golden retriever has been attacked a couple of times both by another golden retriever. First one was my neighbours dog he tryed humping my dog and my dog told him off so he attacked. My male will fight back but won't use his teeth unless absolutely nessary, Goldens are a soft jawed dog. My boyfriend kicked the neighbours dog in the head 4 times my dog had the neighbours dog by the throat but wasn't using any preassure. The neighbours dog only let go when the owner showed up.

The oter golden retriever that attacked my boy grabbed him by the ear and made him bleed pretty bad,his chest,neck was covered in blood. The owner saw it and payed for the damages.

My dads friend had a cattle dog it got out of its yard cause someone opened his gate, Well some idioit thought it would be funny, He let 1 of his pitbulls out of the yard and told it to go after the cattle dog. Well big mistake the cattle dog gave this pit bull a run had it pinned down to the ground by the throat. The owner of the pit bull didn't like that so let his other pit bull out to gang up on the cattle dog. Well even 2 pit bulls had trouble altho the cattle dog had some bad wounds but it wasn't giving up. The other neighbours called the police it took 10 minutes for the police to get there. When they got there the cattle dog was still putting up a good fight. When the owner of the pit bulls saw the police hop out of there car he called his dogs but were too late. The police shot the pit bulls right in front of the owner. The other neighbours saw the whole thing and told the police. My dads friend goot home to find the police at his door with his cattle dog. Sad ending his cattle dog had to be put to sleep as the wounds were to serious. I blame the owners of the pit bulls not the dogs as the dogs were only doing what the stupid owner told them to do. But after that he never let his dogs attack another cattle dog.

yeah some people are just stupid with what they do with their dogs, oh and by the way the collie has come along well, drain has been removed from her face and the stitches will come out in another couple of days... had her first day back at work today, only working vealers though

Ok so yesterday i get up at 5am and go about my normal morning business when i hear my dogs start going off.. So i run round to see what is happening to find a Pitbull x pig dog looking thing.
If people dont know what breed a dog was or looks like a cross bred pig dog why then the need to insert PITBULL X.............. into the discription,no wonder we have BSL here.Anyway good luck with the dog hope it recovers.

bad luck and very sorry to hear

hi i do have to say im very sorry to hear this has happened to your beautiful collies but also i do wanna stand up for the pig hunters/shooters out there that have trained there dogs i for 1 have owned pig dogs and they were very good around other dogs its sum times not the dogs fault but the owners have stuffed up in the raising ie i do have mates that do have apbt and they were bought up with love affection and care and around kids the boy would roll on his back for pats an would never try gettin out but still guard the property like no tomorrow

in this case yea dog should be dealt with its a savage dog on the loose wat would happen if it was a kid and not the collie but i think the owner should have sum justice including pay your vet bill plus damages

dosen't matter how well you trained your dog, once its loose and on its own with no supervision & no one to enforce the rules natural instincts take over. Prevention is better than cure & I think keeping dogs in there home is the best solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back