Legless id wanted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sativa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , this is pretty frustrating , but i cant get the bloody pics of my phone cam at this point in time as ive lost the cd to download and iv got a new pc...so i was just wondering if anyone could find anything with just a description , let me start by saying i know my lizards and snakes but have never seen anything quite like this before!!! for starters it was DOR, but it was like a coastal had crossed with a sand swimmer , its about a foot and a half long and it its kind of a bright orange with coastal markings ,about 2 inches thick, and it has little tiny tiny legs , i am trying to see what i can do with this camera and i will get get it one here , but if anyone (jason L)can help with an id direction that would be great ,as its doing our heads in ....regards...jase

seriously , looking at the pic , it looks like a yellow coloured coastal with legs!!!

i got nothin for ya mate. Am lookin foward to the pics though. Sounds interesting.

Location? did it have four legs with toes?, could of been Anomalopus verreauxii if it was on the goldy.

At two inches thick that's one fat Anomalopus!

I have no idea what a 45cm long, two inch wide reptile with tiny legs and typical Carpet Python markings could possibly be!

I was going to make the same joke in my post, but I thought the original poster might think I was having a go at him :lol:

Sounded a bit like Coeranoscincus to me at first, but even then 2" is too wide, and the pattern is wrong... unless it is 2" thick because it was squashed, and the pattern is from the gravel of the road sticking through the body.

I just looked them up, I have only seen adults, but Coeranoscincus juveniles have pattern.

+ reticulatus (after Coeranoscincus)

Three consecutive posts! All right! *pops a bottle of bubbly to celebrate*

Thanks heaps guys , it was a Coeranoscincus, but a big one and brightly colored at that...prob just shed , and yes it was massivly thick , but not from a car , only the tail was, maybe an inch and a half eh ;;;:)(

if you cant be bothered getting a moby data cable, take a photo of your mobile screen with another camera and post that pic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back