makes me wonder..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itbites

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Some of the members on this site really make me wonder..

I mean I'm writing this in chit chat because thats exactly what it is,

unrelated to reptiles or anything of importance but,

some of the responses to reptile threads of late lead me to believe

that some people are either smoking pot or just plain retarded.

I don't know maybe their just young & thats how young people are these days,

but I tell you what it's frustrating to say the least :|

Anywho thats my rant :evil::p

yameeaaan lyke dis?!? 8):shock::lol::x eh?
aw lyke iz it juz da thangs day b sayen or yamean lyke oow day speel n shat?
dun woz yasel do, dey juz b thoz nu bread o uneducated savages. yasee da prob is yo dat suvivel iz lyke 2 ezy deez dayz so lyke ne1 can maek luv n priduce lil buggaz sew yasee der be a seriaz prob in dat der ain no suvivel o de fitassed shiz and der be theens dat shuldant exist exitsing

I understand what you're saying, some of the stuff posted in the threads these days is just rubbish. I often think to myself "why even post it?".

One of the things that annoys me the most is misinformation....such as "your lizard will need (something)...but i dunno"

Hillbilly I mean billiemay honestly that took more time to read through than I cared for ;).

And yes Chris thats exactly what I mean!...It's like they are from a different planet or something?!

I read the responses & I think to myself was this person high when they hit the submit button??

Responses that have absolutely nothing of importance to say.. flooding a perfectly good thread! Or,

Threads in the reptile section that are just plain pathetic & in most cases laughable.

yameeaaan lyke dis?!? 8):shock::lol::x eh?
aw lyke iz it juz da thangs day b sayen or yamean lyke oow day speel n shat?
dun woz yasel do, dey juz b thoz nu bread o uneducated savages. yasee da prob is yo dat suvivel iz lyke 2 ezy deez dayz so lyke ne1 can maek luv n priduce lil buggaz sew yasee der be a seriaz prob in dat der ain no suvivel o de fitassed shiz and der be theens dat shuldant exist exitsing

That just makes my head hurt :)

I agree itbites.. personally I think most chit chat threads are basically all rubbish and it would be better to restrict forums on this site to strictly reptile related which is really what the site is meant to be about.

What gets me most is people that just try to get massive post counts and post in every single thread even if its completely useless comments like 'nice looking snake' (when they put a picture up of two snakes).

Another of my pet hates is people (namely young members) offering very vague advice, when, most of the time the advice is way off the mark.

I remember a senior member started a thread asking for advice on what to house GTP's in. The first reply to the thread was 'they should be in a proper size tub till they are big enough to go to an encloser'.......

All well said & all valid!..

There is nothing worse than seeing a thread & thinking this looks interesting then,

you open it up only to see that the people responding are either children who have no clue..

Or adults with the mental capacity of a 10 year old, writing nothing but fluff!

What irritates me more than anything is when somebody asks a valid question (be it a newbie or a long standing member) and then other newbies the have obviously no idea attempt to answer the question with a whole bunch of wrong information, or even more annoying they answer with - "I dunno what you should do because Ive only been researching snakes since today". What is the point in even answering then?

the questions like " whats wrong with my snake it hasn't eaten in over a week" and "what type of snake do YOU think I should get" really bug me!
But what I hate the most is when someone asks a question and people state their own opinion to just flame someone without even answering their question at all!
Not all of us have an extensive knowledge on reptiles and sometimes this place is the only way these kids can learn!

Yeah you need gibberish every now and then, otherwise you should be just reading a book its that interesting.
Stupid teenage talk about their daily lives should be kept to MSN or text messages though. But not everything has to be uptight and about reptiles. God, every single reptile topic imaginable has already been done on this site, so theres no point posting anything at all, ever.

I hate putting a thread up and getting answers from people who obviously didn't bother reading my question, just the title of the thread. Or the 'name my pet' threads, come on people. Having said that, I am probably guilty of stupid answers in threads, but at least I won't give advice on something I know nothing about.

It's not a matter of being a nazi about things...

We've all been guilty of stupid responses now & then

& it's not a matter of wanting chit chat banned altogether either.

It's just that reading some responses (especially of late)

on threads that in my eyes could be interesting, are ruined

by absolutely retarded people making remarks that really

are best left for when your sitting with stoners after a session..

What about people asking what reptile they should buy...... Look it up on the species list for f@#ks sake, google info on them and decide, why ask stupid questions??

Everyone agrees with you, but its a public forum, theres idiots everywhere. They are going to do it no matter what forum your on. Just like spelling. You did just perhaps add another to it? Not being smart, but everyone has their own thoughts.

very true, I joined this site to learn new things about the hobby but the keyboard hero's on this site just make it difficult for every one involved. Now I don't ask questions for there is just no point.

The only way to get any answers is to ask toddy! even if it does seem like a stupid question if its genuine then someone should answer it!

I dont mind the keyboard warriors and all that, I am so fed up with getting infractions though!!

Is it just me or are the oldschool regulars all vanished ? Be it for reasons unknown or perhaps the reasons you are pointing out bitey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back