a dud buy today well almost.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah

Reaction score
this morning i responded to an ad on gumnut for an exo terra and a whole lot of stick insects they came with heat lights a thermostat and hydrometer, i rang the guy expressed my interest for the goods but not the insects to see if he might separate he didnt want to , but agreed to lower the price, so i accepted and drove 30km to pick it up, when i got there, he had it all ready but no stick insects , the thermostat and lights were in a box so i couldnt really see, he told me he had instructions i just assumed it was all in working order . When i mentioned where the stick insects where he said a friend was taking them when i reminded him that wasnt what we agreed on he gave me 3 small childrens stick insects and 1 adult male . I got home tank was ok, but the thermostat seems ancient its a REX -C10 series single loop MCU direct controller, not even a proper reptile thermostat, plus it has two cables that dont even have a plug on the end, just loose wires taped up, the other two are connected to light fittings but one is cracked and doesnt work. The other two lights look like fluro lights attached on a electrical cord but no plug .

So really all i got out of it was a exo terra 45x45 cubed and 3 juvenile stick insects and one adult the rest seems to be all very dodgey except for one globe that works. I have instructions for this so called thermostat but i cant see how i can use it without gettting an electrician to check it all out and put two plugs on the ends of the cables. Im probably better off tossing it.

Anyway i think i have learnt my lesson as this is the 2nd time ive bought something to be really disappointed in it. Sorry for the long post.

you can get prewired light fittings and thermostats are relatively cheap. and i can even wire mine in. theyre not hard. it could still work out cheap enough...

i paid 120 , he had the whole set up for 150, only a pic of the tank and the insects. The tank is ok and 1 light globe the rest only someone who is an electrician or has a connection to one could use it. He now has a new ad up for the rest of the stick insects, 3 pairs , 10-15 juveniles and 100 eggs for $90.

yeah i mean take the current light fitting and all the wiring out. and put new ones ine. i just got prewired light fitting and wired the thermo myself as i said. it worked out pretty cheap.

I have found the add and if i were you i would ring up and ask for them or you shold look on gumtree and see if your able to get them because there should be a law because you didnt get everything you paid for

well he has just called and offered me a full refund, i declined i figured i will just stick with the tank and the 4 insects, the rest is not really any good unless an electrician looks at it, the 2 uv lights needs re wiring to the thermostat,and actually one uv lightfitting is cracked as well as 1 heat light fitting and the thermostat itself has two cords that needs plugs on it . The exo terra tank i dont believe ever had these heat lights on it because they are just too bulky .

So for $120 you got an exoterra worth $160-$190 new, plus some stick insects you didnt really want to begin with, one good light fitting, one good globe, plus a few other electrical bits and pieces that were in a box that you could have looked in before you handed over your money, and you're complaining?

yeah i agree with glider.
its not worth complaining about.
everything is easily fixed.

in hindsight i wish i never posted it on here however i was a tad annoyed at the time when you agree to something it should not be changed when you turn up at the sellers door, i dont sell stuff to people then change my mind and alter the deal and still want the same amount of money, nor do i sell stuff thats broken , anyway its done and im over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back