Give a Man two days off in a row and he WILL build

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupper

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
got bored so i went to bunnings and got some supplies

what followed was 10 hours of building and fun times

the best part of the whole thing is I am bloody Hopeless !!!! :lol:

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

mouse mansion is now completed , wont take long for the super mice to fill this rack
my idea was to put some grow out tubs underneath to grow out all the young ones BUT

to fill the rack i think ill just be putting them into the tub underneath to get a colony going

IMG_0393.jpg

i didnt have my camera woman when i was making the melamine enclosures probably because the neighbour decided he was going to bring over his whole family to chop down a massive gum tree that i had been asking him for months to come over and chop down ( he is an arborist )

what i wasnt prepared for was the 40 odd samoan's that helped my neighbour pull down that tree
IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

and the result is a herp room that is slowly but surely becoming FULL !

in the meantime 2 bottles of southern where consumed and a whole lot of potato chips

Great job there Kupper,that will make things neat and tidy.
Can you tell me where i can get that style of tub ? i haven't seen them at my bunnings before.

there the concreter tubs bud , from memory every other bunnings but mine is having trouble keeping up with damand , i am thinking of going and buying as many as i can before everything dries up , there about 10 bucks a tub

pm me i might be able to buy up and send them to you if you like

So if i supply the southern and chips will you build me one????

and supply the money involved in building and $200 on top , i may very well consider it

it has rained for two days mate , otherwise i would have gone on a herp trip , least this way i caught up on some things i have been meaning to do

Yeah, I like the rainy days too.... if we didn't have them nothing would get done... unfortunately it's been pretty dry around here.

Those mouse racks are really cool...
I love seeing other peoples home made enclosures. I've started building my own as well, but not quite as flash as kuppers. In the 3 empty enclosures, where did you get the vents from? I'm a little tired of drilling vents ;)

Maybe if you took off that tool belt you wouldn't be so hopeless. Hahahahaha Job Well Done!!!!!!!:lol:

My tool belt is my friend remnants if when u was a plasterer , vents from bunnings guys

And Jason we have had like a week if late thirties early forties mow we just copped 16 degrees and three days of rain it's pretty bazar

nice work....have got a few racks like that myself. Slightly different design - will get some pics tomorrow. Have started using a small nail gun and pva glue to put mine together. Much easier i find than screwing everything. Have also just made a couple of racks with the 80L underbed storage tubs to grow some rats up a bit. Have yu considered the water drippers instead of water bottles? What size mesh is that you are using?

Always deserve a drink after a few hours of hard work!

Cheers,
Dave

also, put little stoppers behind the tubs to stop them getting pushed too far in! Dont want little critters escaping after a bottle of southern and you push a tub in too far.

Yep. Ya gotta be happy when you spend $200 on materials and make something that would have cost you $1000 to buy ready made.
Good job!

The tubs are such a tight fit that they don't slide without a food pull made this way for that reason I wanted to use an automatic system but could not see how it would work .... Probably the southern lol

the wire is a mouse and snake wire for aviarys I get at bunnings 5 metres does one rack and costs 40 bucks
for my rats I use 140 litre black tubs on floor level with 2 girls and one boy in each works a treat but they are pretty time consuming and very drafty the little buggers quiet often get a bit of a cold and the sniffles

Next drunken project ......... Rat racks only prob I don't think I can be bothered with rats anymore mice are way too easy to breed and the olive is the only thing eaten rats these days as the scrubs eating chickens now

im the exact opposite...cant be bothered with mice! I hate the little things! I have the runners for the tubs ending about 100mm back from the front of the rack. This way the tub can drop down and leave room for the water dripper to poke through the mesh. I have mine 3 tubs wide but only have legs on the outside of each rack. I use a little square piece of wood and attach a strip of plywood to it to make the runners for the middle tub. Probably makes no sense at all so will get some pics and post them up.

I am using the same tubs for rats and pull out the pregnant females to give birth by themselves. Also have some deeper tubs from the first few racks I built. I like to use these deeper tubs for the breeding and the concrete tubs for birthing/growing but will now be using the big under bed storage ones for growing aswell.

nice like it i cant wait to move you guy and girls always do it proply but been meaning to ask what are the rules when breeding your own snake food??
over here in the uk its a big no no and if you get cought doing it you get fines animal taken away all types of rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back