beardie juv colours

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Thought i'd share some of my beardie juvies that are showing colour right from the get go. :D

cant say im not happy with them... and to think i have been tossing up whether or not to sell them. Eep
female, female, male
Picture7-1.png

Fantastic colours on them already!! I think they are all keepers :)

very nice mate, crackers i would hold them back for sure.

just learning about them, how do you tell their sex at that age?
"Eep
female, female, male?"

hmmmm..... VERY jealous! Stunning colours mate. Got any pics of the parents?
Nic

The old wet beardy trick ;), still they look pretty good, it used to be hard to find good coloured beardy's, these days it is much easier, they have come on in leaps and bounds in recent years.

just learning about them, how do you tell their sex at that age?
"Eep
female, female, male?"

you look at there bums very, very closely. maybe even tilt your head a little to the left and squint your eyes.

The old wet beardy trick ;), still they look pretty good, it used to be hard to find good coloured beardy's, these days it is much easier, they have come on in leaps and bounds in recent years.

:p a warm bath is like natural sun. brings out the colours.

ill try snap some without the use of the magic water.

heres some more jasonL

sorry for the very poor quailty, un focused photo's. but thats what you get when im rushing for work. ALSO excuse the empty tummies, these were taked just as lights came on, so its a pre-feed agitation. they managed to scramble away asap.

two photo's in two VERY different lights.

near the window, just outside there enclosure. (light in front of camera WITHOUT flash)
SAM_0259.jpg

(light behind camera WITHOUT flash)
SAM_0263.jpg

apart from being well out of focus, a bath and water forces the camera to focus on pattern and markings. you get alot more of the occelates, lateral spines and rings jumping out at you. and the bathroom sink always makes a good contrast for colour. same way shannon would use a white light up back drop. except old school and slightly creepy.

OMG!!! mate they are awsome congrats! Definately holdbacks you'd be crazy to sell. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back