The Uni of Melbourne and Melbourne in general.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billiemay

Reaction score
Does anyone study at the Uni of Melb? I've been accepted to study a bachelor of Science and wouldn't mind moving down south. Is it a really good Uni?

Ah I really think I want to go! Anyone got a spare room near the Parkville campus?

It used to be good, but since it went to the American based system I don't know.

It used to be good, but since it went to the American based system I don't know.

It's been really popular this year- the enter went from 85 to 89-ish. I started applied science at UQ last semester but I was supposed to do the intro to chem/physics/biol courses next semester (didn't do science at school) so I'll probably suffer there for the first year.

Looks like they have a good womens soccer team as well!

How much are advanced reptile licenses(for womas) and are they easy to get?

Sounded like a really silly system to me, but I suppose if you were happy to do science it wouldn't alter things too much.

Advanced license is about $150 less with concession and no trouble getting it, just have to hand over the cash.

I really wanted to study at Melbourne Uni but when I went to the open day (I wanted to study arts majoring in criminology) I felt very very uncomfortable there, it has a very elitist air and thats not for me. I also dislike their impletation of the 'Melbourne Model', we're Australia, not America.

I understand that, yes they're supposedly one of the best universitys in Australia, but I would never go there, its all a bit pretentious for me

Haha jungle at least I'll get away from having to study agriculture (Just spent a whole subject studying cattle weight gain on different pastures species, making a pasture species collection book and watering and measuring a plant- almost shot myself)

And shnakey I don't really care much about what the people are like as long as the course is good and I really like the location!

I studied there in 2005 and 2006 (after studying at La Trobe in Melbourne 2002-2004). It's a great uni with a lot of character, but there is a bit of an elitist and perhaps even pretentious atmosphere. I wouldn't have wanted to do all my university years there, but I am very glad to have had the experience, balanced with a few years of the very different atmosphere at La Trobe. If I was forced to do all my university study again at only one place, Melbourne would be high on my list, but not quite at the top.

Yeah I think I might do a course in ecology there and then maybe finish off my current course (not really keen to finish uni any time soon!) I've studied a semester of fine art at the QCA, then journalism/arts at Uq for a semester, then UQ Gatton in applied science for a semester... I have a few too many interests :( But at least now I have a general idea of what I want to do.

I studied there in 2005 and 2006 (after studying at La Trobe in Melbourne 2002-2004). It's a great uni with a lot of character, but there is a bit of an elitist and perhaps even pretentious atmosphere. I wouldn't have wanted to do all my university years there, but I am very glad to have had the experience, balanced with a few years of the very different atmosphere at La Trobe. If I was forced to do all my university study again at only one place, Melbourne would be high on my list, but not quite at the top.

hey billie may i am looking at applied science gatton... what didnt you like bout it

hey billie may i am looking at applied science gatton... what didnt you like bout it

It's pretty laid back. The biol part is really fun and I like how a lot of things are hands on. Because it's the "agricultural university" you have to do a few agricultural courses, which is fine if you want to work in that area but some of the courses are painfully similar to year 7 group projects. A few things about it made it too similar to high school for me. But yeah, I enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back