Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I got these RHD womas last season .both clutch mates . both identical , up untill about say 3 or so sloughs ago , now 1 has decidered to take on this peppering look . im not sure what to make of it . to me sort of looks like a calico blackhead in the early stage and how they change . . it was suggested to me that it could of been just a bad slough . but ive taken note now of it at least having 3 perfect sloughs , as it had another perfect one today . i also soaked the woma in water for a hour 2 days prior to the slough to see if that would make a difference, as it was suggested it would go away . but hey i really think something is going on here now . any ideas ...

Attachments

• DSCF4086.jpg
    DSCF4086.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 724
  • DSCF4088.jpg
    DSCF4088.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 609
  • DSCF4089.jpg
    DSCF4089.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 669
  • DSCF4091.jpg
    DSCF4091.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 502
Wow, that's very exciting! :) You definitely have something unusual going on there! Keep us updated, it looks like you're going to see continued change!

looks interesting. there are calico womas around, possibly this is another in the making? keep us posted after each shed... does it appear to be geting darker though? i thought the calicos lose pigmentation, here as this would appear to be gaining some?

Had a few pm's to show some close-ups ...and a few people wanting to buy it ,you never know;):D but hey here is a couple more pics ..i noticed its getting very white between the bands where it was a light tan before . i think that if the peppering look removes itself from the white section it will look unreal .

Attachments

• DSCF4097.jpg
    DSCF4097.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCF4100.jpg
    DSCF4100.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 289
if i started changing color i think i might have to go to the doctor. Since they clutch buddies maybe you could get them both tested or something and see if its lacking anything or has some disorder. If its just going to be a freaky color that might be cool but id be worried if there could be a underlying problem id want to know for that snakes sake.

if i started changing color i think i might have to go to the doctor. Since they clutch buddies maybe you could get them both tested or something and see if its lacking anything or has some disorder. If its just going to be a freaky color that might be cool but id be worried if there could be a underlying problem id want to know for that snakes sake.

i bought the best goldfish in the shop once bright gold it was 4 weeks later it was black i sure didnt take it to the vet . what are they going to test for ??? the woma here in question is eating well on rats is not showing any health problems .. is kept in the tub next to the other one . so hell no, im not worried . not saying it will ... but could go calico . but hey if it gos belly up you will be the first i pm ..

calico is reduction of black pigmentation that comes on usually at sexual maturity, seeing as this is actually doing the opposite and producing melanin not loosing means unfortunatly no you dont have a calico on your hands. But you do definitely have something different on your hands, what it is who knows.

Each to there own but i think it looks nice will be interesting to see it in a few sheds though, i have had urulu's look very similar and then loose it after a few sheds

cheerz

Very interesting, i'm liking alot and not normally a woma person either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back