Sad Loss

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
We lost our beautiful German Shepherd earlier this week. 10 years old we knew he was slowing up then he collapsed and wouldn't get up. We couldn't get hold of the vet so my daughter and I sat with him while he laid there, too weak to lift his head. He died early hours overnight. Poor old man, he was such a good dog. And I can't find his photos :( I know I have them here.

BUT, while we don't want it to sound like we're replacing him, I have been corresponding with a lady from Pet Rescue, looking for a dog that needs a home. This is the young boy I am hoping to pick up. Still trying to convince my hubby that he's the one, its starting to work.

1A58EC28-CF00-4B1A-78C3171446EBA5D7.jpg

Im really sorry to hear that :( always hard losing a family pet.. let alone when having it for such a long time :( all the best with finding a new friend :)

Sorry to hear of your loss, getting a new family pet/( that is a family member), when one passes away always softens the blow from the loss.
When my dads dog dies after almost 16years we got him a new one a few days latere to cheer him up, at first he wanted nothing to do with it because he thought we were trying to give him a replacement (we werent though). Now they are inseperable.

Last edited:
sorry for your loss kathy.. its never easy losing a loved animal..

Awwwwwww Kath its very sad when a long loved pet passes on ,I have had a 15 year old terrier leave us(brown snake bite) and now am about to go down that road again as I have a border collie X who is turning 14 years old this year ,he has had a wonderful doggy life and even travelled Australia with us ..so when he passes on, as much as we will miss Zappa ,we know he had a full happy dog life and so it will be a bitter sweet time for us all ...

I think getting a new dog helps with the situation ,its not like you will forget your old one its just a good change in your life and if your saving a dogs life from a cage situation more CHEERS to you all ;)

I am so sorry for your loss. I recently lost my 14 year ld boxer, who i grew up with from the age of three. Loosing her was the hardest thing in my whole life, and i still miss her dreadfully. Good luck with the rescue, I hope he can find his way to your home!

Sorry to hear about your loss. We've recently got a german shepherd, it's amazing how close you become. They are such beautiful dogs - I swear she understands everything I say (even if it's not to her!). Best of luck with the new buddy...

Sorry to hear of your loss,we have a seven year old shepherd and would be shattered if anything happened to him

I think most of us know the grief of losing a beloved pet....it's just shattering, even if you know you've given the dog/cat/bird/reptile whatever, a good life. We recently (late last year) lost our two dogs, one we had to give up because we're moving into a unit and the other was too old and couldn't be rehomed. But we've decided we'll never have another dog...the agony of goodbye is too much....can't stand the pain. But we still have some fish and my beloved Stimmie. So sorry about your loss.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I feel for anyone losing a pet like that. They are more than just pets. Here he is. His name was Tigga and very trusting around any animal, including my snakes.. We were lucky to get Tigga. He was suppose to have be sold and exported to America but as a puppy was slightly pigeon-toed which kept him in Australia. When Mum had him x-rayed when he was older, he failed is scoring on environmental factor. Even so, if they fail, Tigga's breeder, and Mum won't breed from them. So Tigga came here with us when he was only 13 months old. He already knew us as we often visited my parents in Newcastle. At the time, he was scared of men. Nobody could ever understand it since Mum had him since a baby. When ever my hubby called him, he would pace the fenceline and avoid him. BUT, eventually he got over it and lost his fear, instead, anybody that went near the outside of our fence, he rushed to the fence barking at them. And he had a loud, obnoxious bark on him. BUT I always praised him for letting us know someone was there. Good old fellow :( We miss you..
P1040826.jpg

P1080942.jpg

P1020792.jpg

The dog in the photo in my first thread is in Newcastle so my parents are heading out over the weekend to check him out for me. I am a sucker when it comes to ppl who spin bull crap to make me say yes to things. Mum has bred and showed German Shepherds for over 15 years so what better judge of a dog's character than my good ole mum. If she likes him she is going to pay for him, there and then for us. I hope she likes him, but of course the slightest doubt in her mind we will tell us to leave him where he is. His name is Asher.

He is beautiful, I'm so sorry to see he's gone. I also have an old man, Bugg is going to be 16 this year and I know I will be davastated when he goes. I got him at 6 months old from an abusive home and he's been my best mate ever since. *hugs*

It certainly is hard to loose your pet, when we lost Lucy , our dane, I cried for weeks and was just inconsolable.
Even now after 12 months I just cannot start thinking about her as I fall apart. We now have an adult dane who needed a home, her name is Vicky, she will never be my luce, but she comes close. It certainly softens the blow and lonlieness that you feel. A bonus with Vicky is that she is Lucy's half sister, they have the same father.
We never compare either, as they are two totally different personalities.

Aww, looks like he was a big ole teddy bear. Am very sorry for your loss, am sure he'll be sorely missed
Sympathy_emoticon_by_ChaosAngel5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back