Tokay

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I did work experience at the Australian Reptile Park, Gosford, and I had to feed the tokays... It's fun, because you'll have a large cricket in a pair of forceps, holding it out in front of you, open the door... then find there's no gecko! You'll look around and around, can't find it. Then, you suddenly look to the right, and it's stuck to the wall not ten centimetres from your face!

I was told by a keeper there that full grown adults have the power to bite a man's finger off. Quite cool when you think about it.

love them .heres one we found in cambodia about a foot long

Attachments

• se.tokay3.jpg
    se.tokay3.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 72
  • se.tokay2.jpg
    se.tokay2.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 66
aww aren't they cute? love the pattern on them! How big do they get, and what's the largest Aussie gecko?

anyone know a good way to get rid of those annoying asian geckos without hurting or killing them?

I love their call

[video=youtube;tf3ILcWAwfo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf3ILcWAwfo[/video]

these are fantastic geckos just some stuff i know about them there name come from the sound the male mateing calls thay can grow well over a foot long (about 30cm)and arefound in south east asia inclouding indonesia thay are not found i australia all tho i think it would be cool to get some of these guys as pets if thay got in to the australian enviroment thay would most likely wipe ou our native geckos all tho what can i say the asian house gecko is doing a good job of it all ready i would also like to keep these guys as pets but exotics are illigle maby with strict laws we might one day be alloud to keep these guys in captivity arfter all there wold be no trobble finging food for them here on the queensland coast as thay will eat just about anything smaller then them selfs as these guy get to large size i would se no real thret of excaping there enclosures in captivity and also like asian house geckos thay would stick to human dewellings and not travil far from them i only wishit was these tha were introduced not asian house geckos

Awesome gecko
P1010006-2.jpg

P1010007-2-1.jpg

are the tokay's the ones that people call F%&#$*# things, as in get this F%&#$*# thing off of me as they can latch onto you for hours

indeed, and if thats not enough

[video=youtube;-iJ5hMnL5rQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iJ5hMnL5rQ[/video]

apparently their organs supposedly contain anticancer properties, a load of bs if you ask me

regardless, now in Indonesia n parts of S.E. Asia big ones like these fetch exceptional prices to say the least and alot of people are breeding em as a business venture (hence offers in the comment section of the video)

edit: yea, it is also a relatively fat (to say the least) gecko
but still, the size man.... one bite and its goodbye fingers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back