Part time tour de france wanna be's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitched

Reaction score
Im just venting my frustration after yet another bunch of fat, overweight old men wearing hideous lycra yet again pulled out in front of my car, and then had the gall to abuse me for making the effort to swerve and avoid killing them. Seriously, why do people see one bike race as a reason to dust off their 'ridden once a year, 5 grand waste of money', and completely forget all of the road rules?! Riding 2 abreast comes to mind.
I honestly believe that if we are expected to 'share the road' with these weekend wanna bes, then they should have to pay registration costs, just like ALL other road users.

End of rant.

Sounds good, although if they payed registration it would make them feel more like they were in some super excluive club and probably make their ego's grow even more.

Kinda like reptile licences....

A few years ago I was driving through the gap in Alice Springs and encountered a group of bike riders riding 4 abreast down the highway. I put the car in neutral, rolled up behind them then pulled on the hand brake and locked the tyres up behind them, letting out a hell of a screech. They almost died, swerving in all directions trying to avoid the "out of control car" behind them. I've never laughed so hard in my life.

I have nothing against fat, overweight, old men dressed in lycra trying to get fit - I'm probably one of them. I do however hate young pseudo Grant Armstrongs riding several abreast blocking traffic and not giving a damn.

I suppose it's a different perspective - you the young guy and me the old fart ;)

A few years ago I was driving through the gap in Alice Springs and encountered a group of bike riders riding 4 abreast down the highway. I put the car in neutral, rolled up behind them then pulled on the hand brake and locked the tyres up behind them, letting out a hell of a screech. They almost died, swerving in all directions trying to avoid the "out of control car" behind them. I've never laughed so hard in my life.

omg, EPIC.. :lol:

I ride road bikes :oops: and agree that they should respect the road rules but I have come across some people who just don't think you deserve to be on the road and don't make it easy riding on the road thats why I ride more of the back roads they tend to be more fun and have less cars. And if you want to race road bikes you have to pay for a road license.

over weight lycra lovers..its creepy and ikky...i always imagine them, running their fat hairy hands up and down there thighs, feeling the smoothness of the lycra, with a smile of sheer pleasure on their faces, whilst admiring themselves in the mirror, dressed in their lycra just before their ride...

do you hear that noise??...thats the sound of my skin crawling..such a bad look..

I once had an alcoholic school bus driver that side swiped one. The gap between the bus and the curb was to small and basically bowled him over.the allsort then proceeded to shake his fist wildly. We then pulled up at school and a lady came up to the bus driver and told him what he did....he just laughed in her face and drove away. Pretty funny at the time..

I'm a cyclist, and this thread is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen. some riders take up too much of the road, Agreed. But 99% of the time is the bloody tosser drivers that decide it will be fun to yell and scream abuse at the rider. It's people like you, the bloody motorists that are the problem. some of us are actually serious riders and do it for sport, so it isnt just a bunch of fat old men who dust of their bikes because the tour de france is on. which might I add is run in july, it is now january. and hmmm last time I checked, we have the right here to ride 2 abreast. so all of you idiots that think you're superior in your cars, get a grip and get over yourself.

I remember when I was a teen i lent out the back window of a mates car and slapped a lycra bandit on the butt lol.
He chased us from traffic light to traffic light for ages and couldn't catch up hahaha
Oh to be young and fearless again...

I once opened the door on a few kids riding along a footpath.... scared the crap out of them

More people should cycle instead of driving to every single place they need to go even if it's a 5 minute walk. It is not funny when drivers abuse cyclists because they're slowing them down. They have as much if not more of a right to be on the road than you.

lol we were parked, I thought I would be a bit of a dick and open it to scare them for riding on there, they nearly fell of then an old guy saw and I thought he would get up me then he started going on about how it was there fault and kids shouldn't be riding on the footpath its for walking etc.

lol we were parked, I thought I would be a bit of a dick and open it to scare them for riding on there,.

Well you're cool aren't you mate ? Suppose it would be funny if one day I decided to pull a gun on someone and point it at their head, just to be a bit of a dick ?

i had to ride for 12 months when i lost my licence, and yes it can be a pain when you get idiots in cars, but i also made a point of trying to be as far as possible to the left, and also spent alot of time on the footpaths or in the dirt, also never felt the urge to were over revealing lycra suits,

the one that ticks me tho is groups of cyclists riding thru windey roads with blind corners and crests, guard rails either side and a 80 or 100 kph speed limit and than getting upset when they almost get cleaned up, well sorry mate but when your doing 20 kph, 2 or more abrest, round a blind corner and im doing 80 or more, its gonna get close, also y cant you than go single file and let me past safely, not hold every one up to stare at your lycra encrusted **** for the next few kilometers,

yes, get fit, enjoy yor ride, each to there own, but the saying SHARE THE ROAD means it works both ways, not just motorists having to look out all the time, be considerate.

no that wouldnt be funny it would be stupid, dangerous and illegal. totally different.

so opening the car door to an on coming cyclist isn't stupid, dangerous and illegal ?

sorry, but I don't see a whole lot of difference, people could, and have died either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back