new enclosure in progress. polystyrene anyone?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Costa

Reaction score
so here is my enclosure in progress
want your opinion on it guys.
hope you like?
btw best places to get free poly from: jb hi-fi, retravision, the good guys (thats where i got all mine from) etc. basically anywehere that they package electrical goods in a box for you...
anyway here are the pics

Attachments

• enclosure post 1wo.jpg
    enclosure post 1wo.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 137
  • enclosure post 2 w.jpg
    enclosure post 2 w.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 113
  • basking spot 1.jpg
    basking spot 1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 116
  • basking spot 2.jpg
    basking spot 2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 111
  • polystirine anyone.jpg
    polystirine anyone.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 119
continued

pics of the bottom (hide)

Attachments

• bottom hide.jpg
    bottom hide.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 94
  • bottom hide 2.jpg
    bottom hide 2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 91
  • hole 1.jpg
    hole 1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 78
  • hole 2.jpg
    hole 2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 85
Looks great costa

Watchyaa keeping in der?
And whats the pink stuff you used around it all is it some kind of scilcon ( spelling ) or filler?

my beardies are going in there...
and the pink stuff is expanda foam to fill in the gaps and give a more natural rock like look. ill still sand some of it back though...
same as the yellow stuff. just different brand.

heres another pic to give you a good idea of how it will look standing upright...
actually first time ive got a really good idea of how it will be the right way up too. its hard to judge when its lying down lol

Attachments

• upright....jpg
    upright....jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 140
a pair of central bearded dragons.
the top stand at 3x3.5ft
and the bottom is roughly 1x3ft

Just check the foam in a bottle. I believe it contains a glue and some other chemicals that could be harmful. I just know as I have just finished helping my father build a house and we had to use a few of these bottled foams.

keep in mind that i borrowed the hide idea from another person in this forum with his/her jungle i think it was.
if your out there and reading this. cheers.

your gonna have fun coating that with cement etc, then painting it. given the bits and pieces going everywhere will be tough getting into all the nooks and crannies.

yeah it will be tough. i want to get it done before i go back to uni. making it tougher. and i dont want to be doing it whilst im at uni. its gonna be tight lol...

If you're after more free styrofoam, go to your local green grocers &/or fish monger.
Food items like fruit/veges & seafood are often packaged in styrofoam boxes.
Clark Rubber also has it in sheets/shapes of varying thickness & profile, but you're going to have to hand over your hard-earned for that stuff.

Maybe i dont hav an artistic mind but that just looks like a sticky pile of mess, however id love to see how it turns out:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

yeah atm it is a bit messy. ive got to vacuum all the crap up. and still gotta sand it back and stuff. the cement is going to be the hardest. so im not going to rush it and try get it done before uni comes around anymore.. id rather do it right than screw it up.
also does anybody know anything about these
Compact Fluorescent Downlights Down Light Available to Purchase Online at LIGHTING Pro Australia
i found them and was thinking they would be perfect for my new enclosure. but was wondering if say a 60 wat infared lamp and a 26 wat uv would fit in them. i know th uv one will be sticking out just a little. but just wanted to know if the fitting was tall enough to fit infared lamps in properly...
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back