my mertens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy85

Reaction score
gday guys, just thought id post up my mertens monitor, had him since a hatchling, he is handeld every day, feed by hand (no tongs) and goes for walks on his lead every second day, he sits next to me while i watch tv and doesnt care about the wifes 2 cats. he pretty much only sleeps in the tank. well here he is..
IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

he is a poser
DSC00045.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

his old pool
IMG_0420.jpg

Nice monitor mind sending me a pm with how much he cost?

he sits next to me while i watch tv and doesnt care about the wifes 2 cats. he pretty much only sleeps in the tank.
Sounds like all four of my lizards! lol especially the EWD who doesn't even sleep in a tank, but in a clothes basket in the laundry! :)
He's just adorable! What's his name?
Your water tub is huge! How do you change the water once it gets dirty?

Nice monitor mind sending me a pm with how much he cost?
about $250, ther numbers are getting low due to the QLD canetoad. Same with fresh water crocs.
He is about 1 1/2ft now.
I got his lead from the local pet store.
He has just got his teeth so he's feedin on chicken necks. When he was smaller he was on kanga mince mixed with calcium powder (worst smell ever)

Sounds like all four of my lizards! lol especially the EWD who doesn't even sleep in a tank, but in a clothes basket in the laundry! :)
He's just adorable! What's his name?
Your water tub is huge! How do you change the water once it gets dirty?
His name is Marty (back to the future) his water tub is 40ltrs and iv got a filter in ther. Bit to change his water I just get a scoop and empty it then get the poop scoop to get the poo out I leave the sand in ther cause it only takes a day to get murky again.

took marty out today to have a lil wonder around, and decided i liked the patio garden so much that im turning it into a play ground for him to chill out when we sit out side. note this was a test run hence the lead still on, think i will have to convince the wife to let me chicken wire it all up. lol.
IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

haha,nice looking mertons,i used to keep mine on sand but eventually i ended up with no sand in the tank,it ended up in the pond with them popping in and out then in and out so i use sugar cane multch now,and it does stay in the tank,makes lifting out the pond easier at cleaning time to with no sand in there

yea i was thinking about changin to a better substrate sand just gets everywere. and the red stains the tiles. gonna go with slate and pebbles, make it more natural

Nice Mertens - these are among my favourite species I've kept.
Lose the lead though - what a joke. It's not a dog!

Heres a couple of photos of a pair I had (sold them a few years back).

Attachments

• 100_0125.jpg
    100_0125.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 60
  • P1100005.jpg
    P1100005.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_0142.jpg
    100_0142.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 69
  • P9130021.jpg
    P9130021.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 79
Lose the lead though - what a joke. It's not a dog!

i will loose the lead when i get a cage up around the yard mate. my crocs were brought up on a lead and when i was happy i let them off it, they would not stray to far from me. but they can learn to walk on a lead excatly like a dog. And at the end of the day mate iv had alot of experience with monitors and crocs and this monitor will be going to a park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back