Air rifles!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't get a gun get a compound bow, its not as effective and easy but it still works, I have cleaned up about 25 rabbits from around my house.

and lets cut to the chase here - what government official in their right bloody mind is going to deny you access to the required firearms in the face of el chupacabra!?!?!?!?!?

Chupacabra.jpg
+
Forcefield cat.jpg
=
Steyr AUG.jpg

Real men use bows ;)
And watch deer and cattle run away with arrows lodged in them ;) I love bows, but sometimes guns work better.

Glad you liked it Mayhem :lol:

hahaha

na im more into guns im ive ask mum to ring the place to see wats the go but shes out atm gone to get food lol i will try when shes bak prob ring tomorrow or the nxt day.

you have to be 18 to own a gun
you can get a junior shooters licence but you have to have a parent with a full licence to be with you at all times.

real men dont need to prove themselves by using inferior equipment

thats true mayham
i will shoot 1 or 2 rabbits and see how i feel cause yeah ive always been against it but they r pest and if i dont shoot them me cats kill them

as long as you learn to shoot before you shoot at any living thing you will be fine the single most important thing when hunting is a clean kill (which is why bows are generally no good for anything bigger than a fox.) if you cant drop an animal in one shot then you should not be hunting. i have never in my 5 years of hunting wounded an animal.

Bows are plenty useful, you just have to have alot of patience and not jump the gun, so to speak, if you can't hold yourself off until you can take a responsible shot, you shouldn't be shooting. Have dropped plenty of pigs with heart shots using a 55-70 pound martin-jaguar compound bow, typically takes 4 seconds from hit to zero pulse. All comes down to placement, but it's the same with guns...heavy caliber doesnt cancel out bad placement. I spent 3 days on the weekend hunting pigs and deer for meat and environmental reasons, managed to drop a 90kg boar with a single .22 magnum rimfire round (actually shot off the sows back) and later a deer with the same piece, both at over 60m. Considering there was a 6.5x5.5 handy if I thought it was necessary, it goes to say alot for placement......(yeah got pics too, lol, just not sure about posting)...

its all about placement imo, the furthest off the mark ive been (the mark being center of the heart and lungs) is about an inch. btw i wouldn't go putting that your using a 22. on a deer online anything smaller than a .243 is illegal and thats only just legal on fallow deer.

I'd look at a CZ 2E Deluxe their about $700 with scope made with high quality wood and very accurate at 100 yrds.If you use stingers it gives you a fps of about 1640 ,I use mine for bunnies all the time

Thanks heaps every1

alot of help cheers ..nows there's just calling them up and try getting a gun

Rednut, you could kill them with a normal .22 or high powered .177 airgun, most just prefer to use something that is suited to the task and gurantees a humane kill. While shot placement is important, a good bullet from a decent centerfire will go a long way towards a humane kill, especially if the prey isnt posing at the right angle and sitting still for a head shot. I agree about the bows though, good enough to quickly kill anything in this country, if you know what your doing.

Thanks heaps every1

alot of help cheers ..nows there's just calling them up and try getting a gun

Actually you will have heap of crap to go through to get a licence, if your lucky you might get it in under 6 months.

mate i have a .22 air rifle,it takes out bunnys with a good head shot out to 50 metres,i got it 2nd hand,its a weirich hw 80 and i got it sent to beeman australia up in qld to get it a bit more powerful,its the same type of air rifle as one of the beeman ones ,i cant remember the model off the top of my head but it now has the beeman internals,i paid 500 for it,if your only on a small property then a 22 or even a shotgun isnt the best,plus its more chalenging trying to get into range of bunnys and less noisy so doesnt annoy neighbours and live stock and the quarry u chase,dont right off air rifles,some pack quite a punch,and can easily dispatch foxes and cats to

a bad shot with a centrefire or even a shotty sees rabbits escape to die in pain,100 acres isnt the size of property id be using a centre fire rifle on,and they are over kill if bowling bunnys over is your game,and also a 16 year old would quickly grow tired of the kick it gives,not to mention how expensive ammo is,for rabbits a 22 rimfire is best,bang for buck,and these days there are also quite a few capable air rifles that will drop bunnys humanely,some are mega expensive,but some are quite cheap,also with 22 air rifles,if shot in the head the pellet stays in the head mostly,causing more damage as it plows through,high powered rifles generally go straight through not giving an instant kill due to lack of damage,trust me on this,air rifles can be deadly on rabbits,i find they kill instantly way better than a 22 rimfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back