How long till my beardy lays?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovemydragons

Reaction score
One of my beardy girls laid a clutch of eggs just before xmas, didn't realise and missed getting them out in time. But after that I've kept the food and vitamins up and she is fat again. it is alot more noticable this time and was wondering how long before she drops? I'll try and take a photo of her tonight, but this is the biggest I've seen her. She's not digging around yet, just eating heaps.

Basic questions are how long is it usually between dropping one clutch and starting the next gravid period. And also how long are they gravid for? This should give me a general idea of when to expect the next clutch.

depends on the beardy (central, eastern, pygmy). You will see marble like balls (which are the eggs) on the sides of hers belly. When u can see them visably its close. (possibly 4 days from laying). This is just my experience with pygmy dragons though.

Sorry, she's a central. She's a bit older too, probably about 6 years old now. She's been showing slight bumps for a few days now, mainly when she basks and flattens out (well tries to). I'll try and take some pics tonight and post.

I finally got some pics of my gravid girl. Any opinions would be great!

Attachments

• DSC03386.jpg
    DSC03386.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC03387.jpg
    DSC03387.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC03388.jpg
    DSC03388.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC03389.jpg
    DSC03389.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 53
Hey Lovemydragons.
I havnt had my beardies breed yet, but i've seen a few gravid ones ready to lay and she looks quite close! So she should be popping out those eggs for you soon hehe.
Goodluck with her :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back