Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elapidae1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Not very successful for pics of reptiles but a good time had nonetheless. I did find the following frog in it's unusual hiding spot which was a bit unfortunate as it would have been much better to photograph it under a leaf or something. then this little fellow was caught poking his head out, but after 20 minutes of waiting i came to the conclusion he wasn't coming out with me hanging around. There was a few what I'm fairly certain were king skinks along the riverbanks that quickly took shelter as i approached, and Quite a few other lizards were seen but only fleetingly. This was my first real effort at finding herps and many hours over three days were spent looking with not much reward though i still thoroughly enjoyed it, and it has increased my appreciation for the time and effort that others have put in for some of the stunning photos they post.
I think the frog was Litoria moorei
though unsure what the lizard is I'm presuming some type of skink it's svl was about 10cm maybe more with long toes and light grey colouring with numerous black spots the body being about as round as a mans thumb. Unfortunately pic quality not the best.

skink is some sort of egernia sp but I do not know what you have locally in your area

i dont have much luck ethier, got a pic of a monitor and a tiger snake(it was in my back yard so shouldnt count) but like you said at least you had fun,dont know how others get ****** hot pics, better luck next time

I could tell you that its a young King skink Egernia kingii, thought I might be wrong as it is kinda a guess based on location and glance at the photo, so I will leave it for someone else, but that is what I am leaning towards, someone else will be able to tell you

skink is some sort of egernia sp but I do not know what you have locally in your area

I am leaning towards Egernia napoleonis South western crevice egernia but i guess with my photography skills we may never know

well you may be right there, looking at pictures is does look a bit like one of them. I have never been herping in WA and havnt seen to many pictures so I still am unable to confirm your ID, all I know is it is some sort of egernia.

Is that all you saw there?

yeah pretty much most stuff took off as i approached was really quite frustrating
Thanks for your input anyway

Nice photos, Yes it is either a young Egernia kingii, or Egernia napoleonis, im leaning towards Egernia napoleonis.
Thanks Tim.

hey steve1 yeah king skinks are bastards to get pics of so damn quick but got this shot:lol:

Attachments

• DSCN0990.jpg
    DSCN0990.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 69
i live up kalamunda bit more in the bush then where you live LOL but i live in perth aswell yeah there are quite a few king skinks up here also dugites Gwardas red throated skinks shinglebacks blueys and crevice egernia and other various skinks look up some cool herps in my back yard i have some more pics there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back