Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last 2 months we have had:
2 large coastal pythons ( I posted some pics of one of them)
1 yellow faced whip snake
4 hatchy eastern water dragons, 2 juvenilles and 2 adults
2 eastern bearded dragons
1 blue tongue
about a million asian house geckoes
endless toads
some stripey marsh frogs
some brown frog (not sure what it is)
and a partridge in a pear tree !:D

I think just about everyone has had the asain house geckos!! Anyone know a good way of getting rid of them without hurting them? I end up catching the big ones and driving them over town and releasing them at Mcdonalds. lol

Having a 5000 acre fence line offers a few regardless of the fact I live in SE SA.

To name a few: Gehyra sp2n=44, Christinus marmoratus, Heteronotia binoei, Delma molleri, Ctenotus robustus, Tiliqua scincoides, Tiliqua rugosa, Ctenophorus decresii, Pogona barbata, Varanus gouldii, Pseudonaja textilis, Pseudechis porphyriacus and Parasuta spectabilis spectabilis.

I would give anything to have a property that big!

As for my backyard i've got:

Eastern Blue Tongues
Garden Skinks
3 Toed Earless Skinks
Southern Marbled Geckos
Tree Dtellas
Thick-tailed Geckos
Eastern Brown Snakes

Nothing exciting.

gecko-mad, nothing wrong with milii and brown snakes, would love to have atleast one sort of gecko found around my house.

We have blue tongues, bearded dragons, carpet pythons, many are striped, green tree snakes, keelbacks, rough scale snakes, bandy bandy, blind snakes, eastern browns, red naped and whip snakes. We are on a small acreage on the Sunshine coast queensland

thats not a bad list. don't know if I added mine yet, if I did sorry, heres my list

bandy bandy
eastern small eyed snake
blackish blind snake
marsh snake
green tree snake
diamond python
eastern blue tongued skink
delicate garden skink
calyptotis ruficauda
jacky dragon

think thats it, they are the only species we have seen in the past 10 years.

I wish that was the case but no, for some reason my area lacks geckos, I can travel 25 km and see oedura robusta, and 50km and I can see saltuarius moritzii and common scaly foots, burtons legless lizards but for some reason my little area is gecko-less.

I wish that was the case but no, for some reason my area lacks geckos, I can travel 25 km and see oedura robusta, and 50km and I can see saltuarius moritzii and common scaly foots, burtons legless lizards but for some reason my little area is gecko-less.

I find that very hard to believe, but atleast you can see live legless lizards!

lucky you, I havn't seen any herps other then garden skinks in the past few months. do you have a bush garden Jason? you seem to have a fair few species hanging around.

Yeah, the Royal N.P. is about 70 meters from my fence, and I have a native garden and atm my mower is in for service and the grass is about 40cm long... I guess my wife will make me pick the mower up asap, the snake was too crafty for me and got away, problem is I snake proofed about 80% of my fence line so it may not get out for some time. Only a week back the kids found a YF Whippy 50 meters up the road. Around here over summer, snakes are a weekly thing....

So cool! I was going to put this up sometime, but this seems perfect! I found it in a Burkes backyard magazine, and couldn't resist!

found-in-a-burkes-backyard-magazine-picture-from-regentville-nsw-24313.jpg

Great to see some people don't just grab the shovel...

sounds good Jason, Have you snake proofed the yard so you don't have any run ins with snakes and your dog or so your kids are safe? maybe they are getting in through holes if they are small snakes, we should get more snakes in where I am, I am not sure why they are not around much, I am thinking maybe because my dad mows the grass short so there is to much open area for there liking, we do have some thick gardens but they are like islands surrounded by a sea of lawns. plus anything fallen gets burnt, no logs or branches around, lots of rats and mice around, but again we have seen like 3 diamond pythons in all our life here, I think it was the same one each time. I would love to have a garden that is reptile friendly, I tried to do it with bush rocks I got out of our cleared gardens, but dad went and took my whole pile and made them into garden edges, what a waste!

i had a visitor this afternoon in my garden. i noticed it while sitting at my computer and was quite surprised to find it in my yard with the 2 dogs. i only have a very small block (608m2). so heres some pictures.
when i was still at my parents place we had water dragons and bearded dragons all over the place, even found a blue tongue with half a tail drowning in the pool one day. luckily i noticed it otherwise it would have been a goner for sure.

Attachments

• Blue1.jpg
    Blue1.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 96
  • Blue2.jpg
    Blue2.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Blue5.jpg
    Blue5.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 114
i was surprised to see it in my yard. i had a bluey sitting at my front door the day i moved in here but never saw it again because of the dogs.

heres a pic of the big beardy at my parents place

Attachments

• Picture 0022.jpg
    Picture 0022.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture 0044.jpg
    Picture 0044.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back