Gaming consoles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karly

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm going to buy a gaming console like a Nintendo or X-Box but I don't know which one to buy. I want one that I can plug 4 contollers into and play games against my friends, one that I can still buy games for but aren't too expensive.
I don't want a brand new one, I'll probably just get one off Ebay or if someone on APS has one for sale?
Any advice?

it depends what your looking for really. the playstation 3 is definately the best of the bunch with its graphics and features, but this will be a waste of money if you just wanna have a bit of fun with freinds. maybe a playstation 2 with guitar hero or a nintendo wii they are cheap and fun especially when the freinds come round for a drink.

Also, the Nintendo Wii and the Xbox360 both support 4 controllers.
If your looking to have fun playing with your friends, I reckon the wii is the way to go.
It is a really cool "party" console and you will have lots of fun with it.

Discomat tha't exactly what I'm looking for, something that i can just mess around on with my mates, you know play games like Mario Kart (do they still make that? :lol:)
How much should I expect to pay for games?

Discomat tha't exactly what I'm looking for, something that i can just mess around on with my mates, you know play games like Mario Kart (do they still make that? :lol:)
How much should I expect to pay for games?

Mario Kart is available on Wii and is great fun. especially with the wheel.
My bet is get a wii, you wont look back.

I find the PS3 to be a bit of a pain with the constant updates, some of them have caused errors with our console. We've just sent our Xbox back to Microsoft because we got the dreaded red ring of death.
The Wii has had no problems and it's great fun.
And yes, they still make Mario Kart, I've wasted more hours of me life on that game than I care to think of. The latest Super Mario is crazy in multiplayer mode, loads of fun but will make you hate your friends.

i picked up a PS1 from cashies for like $40 a little while ago... hours of fun playing spyro and twisted metal.... aahhh the 90's lol

but for good fun with mates the wii is definately the way to go... especially after a few drinks and trying not to smash through your mums glass coffee table :D

all current games are expensive, i have all of them(consoles) but if it's simple interactive fun your after then go the Wii, even my parents (age 60+)stay til all hours of the morning playing Wii. it's very active and fun...

haha PMSL :lol:
So is that the mario kart for Wii? Can 4 people still race at the same time?

We have a wii, I'm constantly unplugging it and taking it with me to parties etc. Mario Kart is on wii, you can have 4 people racing at a time... we also have guitar hero, with GH5 being the best as you can have all 4 people doing the same instrument

Also, the Nintendo Wii and the Xbox360 both support 4 controllers.
If your looking to have fun playing with your friends, I reckon the wii is the way to go.
It is a really cool "party" console and you will have lots of fun with it.

the playstation 3 supports up to 8 controllers without the need of any extra attachments. but I agree from the sounds of things you want a wii

im pretty sure wii's games are cheaper than the others but your still looking at $50+ for new games. go to www.game.com.au for cheap games I find they are 10-20 dollars cheaper than in stores and they deliver to your doorstep!

i would suggest multiplayer party games like the singstar series, guitar hero series, anything mario kart orientated, there are some cool shoot-em up games out there too. if you get guitar hero, make sure you get the set with the mic, drums etc. makes it 1000x better but costs about $200 for game/drum kit/ guitar/ mic

Get Wii if you want something for you and your friends..

Mario kart is awesome and buzz is alot of fun with wireless buzzers..

Singstar is good too if your into drinking and singing kareoke..:D

Wow guys thanks heaps for all this info!

Sounds like the wii is going to be the winner... Its a real bugger, we got one free when we bought our TV last year but thought we would never use it so we gave it to my boyfriends' son! Should have kept it for ourselves!!!
Oh well, should be able to find a second hand one for a bit cheaper...

I use the PS3 for more in depth gaming experience.

Buzz games on PS2 are fun.

Wii only gets used when friends come over. It is light hearted, but can be a real pain playing interactive (ie standing up). Recently bought a normal style controller, but have not had a chance to give it a run as yet.

Both my Wii and PS3 are wireles conected to internet. My sons play Mario cart against their school friends, and random people from around the world.

If you are not a gamer, go for the Wii and by used games through EB or Ebay.

haha PMSL :lol:
So is that the mario kart for Wii? Can 4 people still race at the same time?
I have both Mario Kart wii and New Super mario Bros wii and they both suport 4 players at the same time.. Wii hands down for a fun system to play with friends.. and also Mario kart can be played online with players around the world.. and the wii also has wii spots which is grate for when people come over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back