I think we just found a corn snake!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, someone lost their pet :(

Maybe put up some signs to find the owner :)

If they get established something will eventually learn to eat them. but you could say the same about cane toads.

You could say the same about cane toads

you could say the same about cane toads

Or rabbits, or carp, or foxes, or starlings, or mynas, or .......

Sometimes we have to take responsibility for our own actions as our elected government is struggling to do so with the resources at their disposal.

To do the right thing when a policman is looking over your shoulder is easy. To do the same thing when you have no onlookers and know you have the choice of right or wrong is not so easy but is what helps determine who you are as a person and who you are as a part of our society.

So we should just give up and let them be?

Well not give up but some kind of license system should be put in place to regulate and keep track of the exotics in collections.... because they are here whether you like it or not and killing this one corn will not save the country.

hybrids and exotics wont escape or be released into the wild... will they?
herping in aus will be like going to imax soon :D

Cheers.

Only problem with this statement is that ANY snake escaping in an area where it doesnt occur naturally can cause the same damage. Doesn't have to be a hybrid, if say a diamond python from Sydney escaped up in QLD and bred with a local carpet then theres a hell of a lot of hybrids out in the wild because of that... And going by the amount of " OH no my snake has escaped" threads chances are this is already occuring. I guess the point of this rambling is keep your snakes in a secure enclosure wether they are native or exotic..

Ben

you can choose wich one, just make it short ans sweet
estwing.jpg

or do you have lacies? they'd love to meet the corn...

Cool, i knew Estwing made the best hammers but didnt know they made cool weapons too, do they work on tyrekickers?(jokes) ;) :rolleyes: (sarchasm, not being serious) ( i dont mean this as a serious statement)

PS. if you are a bit slow im just joking.

Seriously though they will be pretty safe as reptile food if you freeze them because they are probably CB.

So now we have Boas and Cornies in Aistralia, great.....:rolleyes:
Like the idea about placing ad in lost and found:)
If there really are so many of them around I wonder what the NWS authorities will say?
Proberbly shunned but not illegal:rolleyes:
Oh and I am sure wildlife authorities in all states are over worked, governments don't care about our wildlife so why would they overstaff with people who do.

id take it to a taxidermist, would look awsome stuffed. that way you can keep it, and its out from the wild and dead :)

At least they stand out.Thank god we haven't got Jags here. :lol:

KILL IT.other wise we soon will be able to buy corns down the pub , 7 eleven,local markets,bloke next door .oh that's right you already can .:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

there are already lots here, just go to our local pub im sure they have got a discount on them this week, if you cant find any there go down to your local bikies pad they will have some for sure, its sad they are her but with so many people keeping them off license what can the goverment do knock on everyones door.

there are already lots here, just go to our local pub im sure they have got a discount on them this week, if you cant find any there go down to your local bikies pad they will have some for sure, its sad they are her but with so many people keeping them off license what can the goverment do knock on everyones door.

Obviously knocking on everyone's door is impractical, but what WE can do is not ignore it and report findings to the right authorities rather than shrugging our shoulders and allowing it to continue.

What a beautiful looking corn...and what an absolute shame. Terrible that these animals are placed in these situations. It's doing nothing more than trying to survive, yet some ignorant numb-nuts has signed its death warrant!

What a beautiful looking corn...and what an absolute shame. Terrible that these animals are placed in these situations. It's doing nothing more than trying to survive, yet some ignorant numb-nuts has signed its death warrant!

cane toads are doing nothing more than trying to survive

apart for killing everything that comes in contact with them?????

How do they even get them over ere i thought they were pretty strict on this stuff??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back