Party Globes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricked

Reaction score
I got a new enclosure for christmas, and with it 2 40w infared globes. after the first one blew the first week, and the second one soon after, i decided to switch to red party globes. they seem to work fine, i got 3 since they were 1.50 each. so any info?

hey Bricked, i also now use party globes as they are alot cheaper n hardly ever blow!
i also use heatmats which keeps my enclosures at an ambient temp.

Hi. i have used red 40w party globes on a thermo for past 4 months without one blowing. Trouble is those type of globes are being phased out i think

If you cover your enclosure with Christmas lights I hear thats good method of heating and its attractive too :-O

Yeah I've been using them for years. I heard they were phasing them out too, but that was about a year ago, and they still keep topping up the shelves at Bunnings. Sometimes they are empty, but I think a lot more herpers have started using them, so give it a couple of days or ask someone and they can tell you when they will receive their next order. But saves me a lot of money!!

I dont think they are being phased out as most speciality globes wont be.

According to the Australian Lighting Council they will not be phasing out the party globes, we enquired a year ago as this is all we use in our snake enclosures, have done for years and never had a problem, I would say I have literally saved thousands compared to buying "reptile" globes!!

Party and Reflector Light Globes

l have been using red party light globes 25-40-60watts and reflector light globes R64-40-60watt and R80-60-75-100watt since 1989, they do last alot longer than the infered heat lamps you buy from Reptile dealers and Pet shops, and they a alot cheaper to buy aswell.

The red and blue part light globes a used at night time to provide some warmth at night time, why the reflector light globes a used during the day to provide heating during the day, as you can see in the photo reflector light globes have a coating on the back of them, which helps to force the heat down onto the basking spot rather than heat the whole enclosure, and they a available in 2 sizes R64-40 & 60watt and R80-60 & 75 & 100watt, you can buy them in bayonet or edison screw, depending on what light fitting you use.

The Party light globes a available in bayonet only and you can get red or blue and a available in 25 & 40 & 60watt only.

The best ones to buy a GE or Crompton Light Globes they seem to last alot longer than others such has Phillips-Osram-Sylvania.

l've been told by my lighting wholesaler that they will not be phasing out these light globes at all and l can get them at wholesale prices from my lighting supplier here in Melbourne, and they come in packs of 10 only so if your interested in some let me know by PM on here.

Last edited:
alright, i have been looking for party globes for literally MONTHS and cannot find EDDISON SCREW bulbs. are they even made? if so, where can i get them? any online order places you guys know of?

Thats funny, middys shouldnt be selling incadesent globes at all..

Ive been told by a middys manager that they are now illegal to sell according to Energy Safe Victoria and they face big fines if they do..

If you can get them, buy as many as you can...
(actually just spoke with them over the phone then and they are definately illegal to sell now)

Last edited:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! okay, new question (thread hijack) can one simply paint normal globes? if so, what has been used safely?

Last edited:
I've used them before and they do work well but now I use ceramic heat globes "can get them cheapish of ebay" which last for ages but the only thing is you can't see that they are on :)

The red & blue party lights bulbs are only available in BC Bayonet not ES Edison Screw, l was told by my wholesaler on Thursday who l have been dealing with since 1990 which is ACE LIGHTING, located here in Fairfield Northern Suburbs Melbourne that they will phase out party and reflector light bulbs soon, you will no-longer be able to buy them anywhere.

So l will have to turn to look at what else l can use to provide heating to my captive Reptile's, and replace all my light fittings in my enclosures which wont be cheap to do.

lts sad they are phasing out the party and reflector light bulbs, which l have been using since 1989 and they can last a while, before they blow and some have lasted for 3 to six months before l had to replace them with a new bulb, and they sure a cheaper to buy the best brands a Crompton and GE they seen to last the longest conpared to Phillips.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! okay, new question (thread hijack) can one simply paint normal globes? if so, what has been used safely?

Yes you can paint normal light bulbs with special heat paint check with any shop that sells paint.

oooooh sounds like that might be the way to go. i normally use ceramic heat emmitters but cant find any under 60w and i need less heat than that at this time of year. am using heatcords under glass or tiles for bottom heat on the bubs but darn its annoying. will look into painting normal bulbs i think

Just go to super cheap auto and buy engine paint.

Its high temp paint and comes in a few colours..

Just go to super cheap auto and buy engine paint.

Its high temp paint and comes in a few colours..

Hallie, you are spot on about the paint which is engine paint and where to get it from, l myself have never ever used it and could not remember what it is and where to buy it from, thanks for letting others know what type of paint to buy and where they can buy it from:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back