outdoor ewd enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

contos

Reaction score
ok so this is my setup that i have for my two ewd. any tips or recommendations? im a bit worried that its too small but im hoping to either upgrade it by next season or flip it on its side for my floor space.it measures 3 and a half foot high 3 ft wide and 3 ft long. i was told they are a breeding pair but i cant tell exactly which one is the male and which is the female. i picked up the fat one and it seemed to have a red cheast so i thought it was a dude but i picked up the other one and it had some slight red to its cheast as well. and the fatter one dosent swim much and basks alot more which i read means it could be gravid. ummm and do you feed them in their enclosure or take them out. ive offered crickets and they dont seem interested as yet. thanks

Attachments

• DSCF4883.jpg
    DSCF4883.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF4881.jpg
    DSCF4881.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF4882.jpg
    DSCF4882.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 154
only for a week or so. my dad said after they burmate this year hed either extend the floor or wed build something newer and bigger. do you know if the pic of the dragon is pregnat or not?

Umm she looks gravid. Depends you can use vermiculite, damp sand, coir peat it goes on and on. Just make sure it soft but not soggy. Do you know that you will have to incubate the eggs your self, if you dont want her to?

Umm she looks gravid. Depends you can use vermiculite, damp sand, coir peat it goes on and on. Just make sure it soft but not soggy. Do you know that you will have to incubate the eggs your self, if you dont want her to?
i cant see any buldges in her stomach but. the incubation part is fine i can manage that. also they dont look interested in theyre food. i bought them off a lady who had them in an indoor tank so this is their first time outdoors. do they need to settle in? because theyve been there for about 5 days now and havent even looked at a cricket ive offered.

found out that its the male and hes just fat. any advice on the feeding problem or will it work itself out?

That first pic looks like a gravid female. How many was the lady feeding them? 20 adult crickets a day:shock:

hmmm...well the "gravid" female is actually a male, and looks like he's been overfed with no excercise and has gotten fat. Just let them settle in for a little while longer, then start introducing fruits and veges and woodies and crickets.
The cage their in should be fine for a few months, but not on a permanent basis. Watch they don't rub their chins agaist the wire and damage them. My water dragon did, in his outside cage.
Do you have leashes for them? If not, get one to fit the male, and take him for some walks out in the garden or in a swimming pool to get some excercise.

haha nahhh no leashes as yet but hes moving around more saw him climb a branch today (Y)

get them a bigger cage now, there is still months before they go into brumation, it'd be like putting you in a 1metre square room. it is WAY to small for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back